A Current Affair

New, I believe, ACA promo aired tonight:

This is my take on it though

2 Likes

Really bugs me they’re still using the old ACA logo bug on the promos.

2 Likes

I couldn’t tell you exactly when it first launched, but I think it’s been in circulation for a little while now.

1 Like

ACA returns Monday, January 28 after being on hiatus during the tennis.

You can tell that ACA’s EP, Fiona Dear, had a say in the 2018 promos for Peter Overton as there is a bit of resemblance here.

1 Like

Some key statistics about ACA — that I guess all the reporters have on their desk — seen in the background of a story.
Some notable facts:

• The average viewing time is 19 mins
  • Their strongest days are Tuesday & Wednesday
  • 56% of their audience is aged 55+

14 Likes

I don’t think Leila will ever host ACA permanently. She doesn’t have the authority or the ‘A’ name, like Tracy, Mike Munro or Ray Martin. Despite your opinions about the show, ACA is highly-regarded by 9 (desputably more so than Today).

This is what has saddened me though. Leila is a pretty good presenter and newsreader but has wasted her time being Tracy’s understudy.

3 Likes

Source?

Well it does win its time slot and has an average audience twice the size, so yeah maybe.

1 Like

It’s good to see that with Tracy returning on Monday night, ACA are promoting that they’ll be tackling the big issues such as … a fluff promotional preview of MAFS…

1 Like

How far the mighty have fallen.

2 Likes

New End Card

2 Likes

5 Likes

Tracy looking younger each year. :slight_smile:

1 Like

But the content is still old hat :wink:

1 Like

Probably the same stories as when I watched ACA as a kid…

That oversaturated photo of Sydney had been in use for (at least) the last few A Current Affair Promo Endtags despite updated graphics & presenter photos, so it was about time a new and more natural looking shot of the city was brought in.

1 Like

But not a more natural looking Tracy.

1 Like

Yeah, the picture quality out of Studio 23 is awful and seems to make all presenters look about 10 years older than they really are! :confused:

Nine really should take a look at fixing it but since the studios probably only have another 18 months or so to go, I doubt they’ll bother.

Gold Coast during the news was still like this

I’m pretty sure the updated Promo Endtags would’ve been launched after last night’s ACA went to air.

1 Like