A Current Affair

Leila has made it clear over the years she does not want to work full time on a permanent basis (kids)

Well naturally they put her face up. Tracey is gone, and Leila is bringing us the show for the next 2 months. Who else are they going to put up? The new person won’t start until likely late Jan or Feb.

9 Likes

She’s just a fill in over the summer.

5 Likes

End board on last night’s ACA promo:

12 Likes

Really? What gave it away?

2 Likes

Interesting timing having Aly Langdon report on 60 minutes this week.

1 Like

A lot of hate on social media about Ally joining ACA. I know social media doesn’t take up majority of the viewers, but looks really bad

2 Likes

I think that comes from Alley’s confrontational demeanour when she interviews politicians whereas Tracy is always calm and measured in her questioning.

11 Likes

I was too young to remember when Tracy took over ACA, but I imagine there were plenty of naysayers at the time. The difference is they didn’t have the means to instantly spout out about it.

I’m not hugely keen on Ally for ACA but I’ll reserve my judgement.

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like the announcement is leaking tonight.

From the Sunday Telegraph.

4 Likes

Annette Sharp: the fountain of truth and trust :joy:

5 Likes

The article states she is on 250k, then states she rumoured to get a better deal vs Tracey ie above 750k. So which one is it?

750k-$1m for ACA seems to a bit heavy.

1 Like

Not sure how much I believe this writer - I really can’t believe they wanted Ally in the role so much they were willing to pay her more than Grimshaw was on. There were plenty of nine talent who would have been as good as or better than Ally. (Biased, I really don’t think Ally is a good fit for this show, I find her style condescending. SJ would be a better fit and has been on ACA for a few years now. Interesting SJ is on 60 minutes tonight for the first time).

1 Like

No I think it was saying she is on 1 million at the moment, and was told she would need to take a 250k pay cut to match what Grimshaw was on. Then she negotiated more than the 750k.

4 Likes

Seems a bit heavy for a 30 min show. I wonder if Deb gets pro rata rate for the 2 days, ie 300k.

Geez where do I sign up.

2 Likes

ACA promo before 6pm news for Ally. Australia’s worst kept secret… finally confirmed.

3 Likes

Officially announced.

1 Like

Allison Langdon has been announced as ACA host for 2023. Was planned to announce on socials at 6PM.

"In 2023 Ally Langdon will step into the host chair of A Current Affair following the retirement of longtime host Tracy Grimshaw.

One of Australia’s most fearless and respected journalists, Ally has built her career on trust, empathy and a commitment to journalistic excellence. She will start on air on Monday January 30, 2023."

5 Likes

Ally’s full statement on her leaving Today and Joining ACA in 2023.

5 Likes

There you go. After many weeks of soeculation on this forum, we have finally got an official announcement regsrding Ally hosting A Current Affsir.

5 Likes