A Current Affair

These clowns

2 Likes

I posted it this morning.

1 Like

Is ACA content localized? Or is it one bulletin shown nationally?

One bulletin.

Don’t think bulletin is the right word…

2 Likes

Responding to an earlier post in last night’s ratings thread.

Given how long she’s been at Nine for now, I’d imagine that Tracy Grimshaw will be presenter of A Current Affair until the day she retires from the network and Australian television as a whole. Remembering how often she’s been absent from the program in recent years (I’m sure it was around every 3-4 weeks during 2019!), I’d be willing to predict a presenter transition will happen sometime in the not overly distant future.

Personally, I really hope Deborah Knight doesn’t become the main presenter of ACA after Tracy. Not because Deb is a bad presenter by any means, but rather because her reputation (already tarnished somewhat by decisions in the last year or two) would likely be completely destroyed to the point of no recovery if she ever became the main presenter of Nine’s weeknightly tabloid “current affairs” program.

Leila McKinnon would probably be the rightful person to succeed Tracy given that we’ve seen Leila fill-in for Tracy very many times over the past 14 years. But if she decided not to take up the role, I’d be fine with Karl Stefanovic presenting ACA - at least he’d be a presenter who suits the show’s content! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think a female is better suited to the show.

Lelia is obviously the next one in line - She has been on the show for many years.

If I was Lelia and looking for a promotion into Tracy’s role, I would be furious if someone else took it considering she has been apart of the show for 14 years. It’s like promoting a trainee into a management position over a loyal employee of 10 years.

2 Likes

Leila lives in Byron Bay. I don’t know if she’d want to make a full time commitment unless she could present out of Nine Gold Coast (they just made provisions for Ray Hadley) or somehow build a studio for her at NBN Lismore (not very likely).

Friday 11 September-

Leila McKinnon is hosting tonight.

4 Likes

Matching hairstyles :wink:

9 Likes

Saturday 19 September-

Leila McKinnon is hosting tonight.

4 Likes

Nine has told the Sunday Herald Sun that the Saturday edition of ACA will continue through 2021, with Deborah Knight hosting.

11 Likes

They’d be nuts not to. It’s rating very well for Saturday nights and provides room for breaking news if there every was any.

9 Likes

Would this mean Deb is the most likely to succeed Tracy Grimshaw whenever that happens? She could probably do her radio show + ACA.

Noting Leila is unlikely to replace on a permanent basis due to being based in Byron Bay.

1 Like

She’d have to give up radio and take on doing shit journalism but the cheque is probably worth it

5 Likes

And the ratings would probably justify it too.

You can get cheesier than Karl though…

9 Likes

Wait… what? She drives 8+ hours to the Willoughby studios - soon North Sydney? She must get a HUGE pay cheque if she works casual and needs to drive.

1 Like

She’s married to David Gyngell, she’s not driving 8 hours anywhere

14 Likes

Yes, there are multiple daily flights between Ballina and Sydney. I also daresay they still have Sydney base where she stays while she’s down here as well.

In any case, she doesn’t need to work for financial reasons. It’s about maintaining that passion and the work connections.

7 Likes