9Gem

It is supposed to be, but SCA let the “Brisbane’s No. 1” version air throughout QLD.

2 Likes

Also Gold Coast

3 Likes

Nine’s logo graphic seen on 9Gem…

Update 9:17pm: Nine’s PRG graphic also used on 9Gem:

Update 10:10pm: Nine’s graphics are still in use!

7 Likes

Relaunch!!! Zomg

Something else bizarre, I get that the change occured quite late in the piece today (swapping the main channel and 9Gem around - which is great btw), but they managed to edit the main channel EPG (even adding info that it was the Men’s Final and that De Minaur was in it)…

But they didn’t edit 9Gem’s EPG, mine said the tennis and “Ghosts of Girlfriends Past” - neither of which ended up airing on this channel!

NB/ The latter ended up airing after the tennis concluded on the main channel.

Wasn’t sure where to post this

According to my EPG, the movie currently airing on 9Gem “Hannibal” was released in “2011”. It was actually released in 2001.

I wonder if a computer or the person inputting got mixed up with th same titled TV show from a few years ago with Mads Mikkelsen?

While I’m at it, as previously discussed in another thread, this film has a long classification history, including an ACMA TV investigation a year or two ago when it aired on 7flix.

This was the first time Nine have aired it, so out of curiosity checked in every now and again to see what (if any) edits had been made. And they did edit it, but very different to Seven’s. Again highlighting where the TV classification system falls down in a heap!

NB/ Also well and truly available at the time of Seven’s previous airings and the ACMA investigation, was the latest ACB classification for the film (for a Blu-Ray in 2007 I think) and it was classified MA15+ uncut. So no need for networks to even bother touching it, making it still bizarre why they are (it was previously classified R18+ upon review back in 2001).

1 Like

Mad About You looks terrible on 9Gem reruns. Quality looks like that of a bad-quality VHS tape! I think they should bring back Friends again…

For your viewing pleasure, Friends is on 9Go! weeknights at 6:00pm

1 Like

I hope 9GemHD will continue to run until the end of NRL preliminary finals weekend. Also, Nine should use the opportunity to show more HD versions of movies and TV shows (if they are available) on 9Gem when the cricket is not on.

4 Likes

Some caps of 9Gem On-Air Presentation in 1080i HD. Not much, but at least it’s a start.

Ident:

Promo Endtags:

Sponsor Billboards:

PRGs:

I also note with some interest that 9Gem HD here in Sydney at least, is back to an upconverted SD feed this afternoon (happened sometime during, or before the movie shown prior to the Pacific Test Rugby League started). Makes me wonder if we’ll see “HD” watermark additions when native HD pictures return…

4 Likes

As all Nine channels are played out in full HD I wonder why they are bothering to convert to SD then convert back up to HD?

2 Likes

The Pacific Test is in HD at least in SEQ

3 Likes

Nice to see 9Gem back in HD. Sunday Footy Show looked nice and definitely a step up from 9now.

Has Nine stopped using the b\w icon at the start of programs that are in black and white? I didn’t see it at the start of My Favorite Martian. 9Gem does air a lot of black and white content, people might think their tv is broken.

1 Like

Is 9Gem back in HD in regional SCA areas as well?

2 Likes

Promo

17 Likes

That promo was just on in Sydney on Nine.

Hadn’t seen that before, and it’s the first time I’ve seen 9Gem HD Channel 95 mentioned on air.

3 Likes

Looks good! I assume a 9Go! Variant would look similar.

Not a fan of that 9GemHD logo - I would’ve had the “HD” part the same size and next to the “em” of the 9Gem logo.

Still, it’s good to see Nine promoting the channel. Although one wonders how regional viewers feel about seeing the promo, when most don’t have 9GemHD while those who do aren’t seeing it on 95!

9 Likes

it would be good if sca9 made 9gem into 9gemhd

Knowing SCA though, I could imagine them screwing it up by not getting that viewers want both Nine HD and 9Gem HD! :confused:

1 Like