7TWO - Programs and Schedules

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f9a33f4b8f0> #<Tag:0x00007f9a33f4b800>

I don’t think that’s true and doubt they’d otherwise. Over 55s especially elderly crave all this stuff LOL (how Seven get advertisers for these is a good question though).

This maybe true however.

2 Likes

I’m under 55 (just) and I love Mrs Brown and the Vicar of Dibley.

4 Likes

Mrs Brown is just toilet humor. No real essence to comedy at all.

2 Likes

Yeah, that Mrs Brown is terrible. Reminiscent of Dick Emery skits. Dibley is good, and stands up well after all these years.

5 Likes

yeah that mrs brown boys is quite good actually:) and i really do enjoy it

2 Likes

I’m WELL under that number and never had any issue with either. Better than the social engineering crap we get from some US sitcoms these days.

4 Likes

Both are crap really. US and British humor.

1 Like

So which humour do you like?

Classified. :slight_smile:

I’m under 30 and I love Mrs Browns Boys.

1 Like

Is that like no sense of humour? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Makes you wonder if they plan on changing the target audience of 7two?

Seems as if a lot of shows are moving off there.

1 Like

The show itself seems to pad out a lot but there are some moments which are hilarious.

Round and round we go again. They don’t even have half an idea how to program their channels.

2 Likes

Dare I ask the question…is it possible that 7TWO (like 7Flix) may even receive a total rebrand?

Pretty much the last “channel number branded” multichannel with most others having been changed in recent years.

I thought 7TWO was supposed to be a Seven Network equivalent to 9Gem but with a lower tier of sports coverage.

1 Like

Want it originally aimed for lifestyle British shows and British dramas?

2 Likes

When 7TWO first launched, it was supposed to be a kind of extension of the main Seven channel with a lot of first run programming from the US…don’t think that format lasted terribly long after the launch of 7mate.

1 Like

Yep. Problem is, as @TV.Cynic has said, both rate shockingly in the key demos, heavily Over 55s (and I’m talking general night to night programs not one-off sport events et al).

= no good advertisers (if any for the channel or its spots, maybe just extra runs from the main channel in a package, who knows).

Now more than ever the younger audiences are what Seven, Nine and 10 are craving.

1 Like

Considering how well 7mate (and to a lesser extent, 7Two) has performed as a multichannel, the ratings would seem to disagree with your analysis…

1 Like

It’s as if people over 55 never buy anything …

1 Like

Miss Scarlet and the Duke premieres on 7TWO on Thursday week (June 4) at 8.30pm with double episodes. It debuted on UK pay TV channel Alibi on March 31 this year.
Stuart Martin, who plays the Duke, said in an interview that they were due to film series 2 in Dublin from September this year, but it could be delayed due to coronavirus. Series 1 was filmed in Dublin in northern summer of 2019.

Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter