62nd TV Week Logie Awards 2021-22

Which is kind of my point right. The logies are less about who should actually win the award and more about how much effort the networks put in to winning viewers votes during the voting period.

Samuel Johnson won the audience over because his sister was sick and eventually died. He had a lot of support through that time.

His role as Molly was well over a year before…

1 Like

The Project didn’t break the Brittany Higgins story though… it was broken by Samantha Maiden from news corp I believe. And then comprehensively covered by all news organisations. The national movement was already happening - the Project didn’t start the movement.

I was waiting for that, it did seem jarringly white.

We can’t really blame the Logies for that - diversity/representation starts much earlier in the creative process.

It’s up to networks to hire more broadly and for the networks to put forward a greater diversity of stars.

You’re missing the point. It was not about breaking the story or starting a movement. The award was for Most Outstanding News Coverage or Public Affairs Report. The report and interview by Lisa Wilkinson was considered to be the best from those submitted by all the networks.

3 Likes

Are they talking about the winners or the nominees not being white? Seriously… It’s never good enough for some people.

1 Like

The Logies reflect the people who are watching free to air Australian television. It’s easier than ever to stream entertainment that is intellectually and culturally relevant to you. “White” Australia isn’t finding much of the entertainment product on free to air relevant to them and is switching off in droves. Why should we expect people from diverse backgrounds to consume the garbage? My Malaysian neighbours don’t even have an antenna hooked up to their home. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a TV on when I’ve walked past in the evening.

3 Likes

my kids love watching milkshake from channel 5 in the UK. using my VPN and the channel 5 app on my google tv it works flawlessly and they bug the crap out of me to watch it

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/awards/logies/lisa-wilkinsons-logies-speech-lashed-in-court-as-brittany-higgins-trial-faces-potential-delay/news-story/d84b3775842395cf7c9a9a09c628f45e

Subsequent to this article the trial has been delayed

My friend lives in an inner city flat. She said that her neighbours on both sides don’t even have a television. They only watch stuff on their laptops or phones.

2 Likes

I agreed A lot of people under 30 and under don’t have an aerial connection.

I’m not missing the point. My point is I don’t think that was the most outstanding. And I question whether the award was actually for the project and their coverage/report, or it was awarded as a gesture of support for Higgins herself.

Well Most Oustanding isn’t voted by the public but industry “professionals” perhaps they knew what the outcome would be and it would be great fodder and possibly an inside attack on one of tens highest paid stars?

There is actually more to this article on the Herald Sun website. I don’t know how to share it, other than copy and paste, but I’m sure others would like to read it.

One interesting comment he made:
“If this is any indication, the Home and Away cast came over afterwards and told us how sorry they were that that’s what we got,” Moloney said.

1 Like

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/awards/logies/ryan-moloney-rips-into-the-logies-for-incredibly-disappointing-display/news-story/b56a30b1255fec22227d2da8ca3cc376

1 Like

Not sure what Lisa was thinking making that speech when she was warned of possible ramifications. I wonder if she’ll face any disciplinary action from Ten.

1 Like

Forget disciplinary action from Ten, Lisa should face disciplinary action from the courts and made to pay the court costs for the peoples time and effort that she has wasted.

4 Likes