61st TV Week Logie Awards 2019

1 Like

Pretty sure that was booing at the end there also

1 Like

I think 2017 was the final year for “Kings of Comedy” after the Logies? Don’t remember it being on last year.

Either way, hopefully everyone enjoyed my tweets! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The opener, Nine on YouTube.

What a tool. That speech reinforced my view. RIP Logies.

2 Likes

FYI

61st Logie Awards 2019 - List of Winners

1 Like

It’s not so much about a flawed ratings system (any sample based system will have its flaws) it’s more to do with which shows/networks have a target audience more willing to go online to vote. As voting is done online, the shows/networks that attract the younger demographics will come out ahead of the networks attracting a mainly older demographic.
Again, all sample based voting systems will have flaws. weather it’s tv ratings or online popularity polls.

3 Likes

Yeah, I really think he did.

At first, the audience was giving him a chance. I think if he stuck to the idea that he’s a comedian and he was taking the piss, he could have won the room over and maybe wider opinion as well.

But he started taking pot shots again at the fellow nominees, the winners of other awards and the entire industry. I think he crossed the line and then lost the crowd. By the end, it was no longer funny.

4 Likes

If I had respect for the Logies I’d agree it was poor form for Gleeson to take the piss the way he did but the Logies have been a joke for years and I’m hoping what he has done will propel someone to introduce an awards ceremony the industry can be proud of and viewers will respect.

8 Likes

I doubt that would ever happen. The AACTA awards have been trying to do that in film and television for the past few years but who takes notice? Not many judging from their ratings.

5 Likes

“The joke is on the Logies”

3 Likes

It was scheduled in 2018 but didn’t air IIRC due how far overtime the awards went. Guess they scratched it entirely this year.

2 Likes

Must’ve worn out the tape.

1 Like

This feels weird without The Kings of Comedy. Can someone link it to me?

1 Like

I wonder if Tom could have ended his TV career after last nights speech? We all know the TV industry takes itself very seriously and to trash the biggest award like that might not go down well.

On the other side of the planet and absolutely pissing myself laughing. I’m so glad Tom won.

lot of overreacting going on here and online at the cursed website, twitter dot com, particularly from first-rate wanker MrTVAus having a crack because of his frustrations at the winner.

The Logies won’t care about Gleeson winning. It’s the most attention the awards have received in the lead up in a few years and the speech will be front and centre through the morning on news sites, FM radio shows etc.

The worst thing is seeing people try and pretend it damages the credibility of the Logies. It’s a popularity contest (and even that bit is flawed) dressed up as an awards show.

4 Likes

Ah yes. The credible Gold Logie.

And having a go at a mediaspy doyen as well, not good form

But he was drinking apparently, as if that’s an excuse :roll_eyes:

1 Like