60th TV Week Logie Awards 2018

Which is what they would love for publicity!

Is Karl really in favour this year to be nominated?

I doubt the NRL Footy Show will be up.

MAFS is a shoe in.

1 Like

Why would you think that? Ten would be stoked if Lisa was nominated after a few months there. Nine would claim it’s for her work there. Win win.

1 Like

I hope Helen Bidou hosts it!

1 Like

Probably because it would turn into one big network p***ing contest with both Nine (who’d probably claim it’s for her work on Today) and Ten (who’d probably say Lisa wouldn’t have even been nominated if her high profile move to The Project didn’t happen) trying to claim the win as theirs!

For what it’s worth, I personally would be thrilled if Lisa Wilkinson not only gets nominated for the Gold Logie but also manages to win the trophy on July 1! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also be awkward if Craig Mclachlan got a nomination.

AFAIK Craig Mclachlan wasn’t on the voting list either from ABC or Ten.

If she did win, I can’t see any “Congratulation to Lisa Wilkinson” promo/idents being shown on Nine though.

2 Likes

reminiscent of many years ago after The Mike Walsh Show went from Ten to Nine at the end of 1976. The show won a Logie in 1977 but it was in recognition of the show in 1976 when it was still on Ten. Apparently it was a race to the stage as Mike Walsh and Channel Ten bosses both wanted to claim the award. I think Mike won the sprint :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

What does that mean?

Oh did all that crap happen before the voting? I have a bad memory.

I think its quite unfair having all the current affairs shows lumped in with entertainment. I would have separate awards:

Most Popular Daytime (Sunrise, Today, Studio 10, TMS etc)
Most Popular Current Affairs (The Project, 60 minutes etc)

I know they want to cut down on awards but I think its quite unfair that things like the studio 10 are up against primetime shows with probably at least triple the audience!

As far as I know.

If Studio 10 was up against daytime shows, they would be up against shows with triple the audience. Prime time much more.

2 Likes

I don’t think network partisanship is the reason for it (even though it seems widespread in places like this forum) but rather more to do with this:

Why that’s the case is only something they can answer.

Highly doubt Karl will be nominated this year. His popularity plummeted when he divorced his wife, abandoned his family and got a new (younger) girlfriend now fiancée.

They’re already married, aren’t they? :thinking:

We just got rid of the Most Popular Sport Program which was niche and this was a good idea. We don’t need more niche categories with small numbers of possible nominees.

It’s an award for Most Popular. If a daytime show has less viewers then it’s less popular. Simple.

The number of Most Popular awards is down to the right amount. Quality news and current affairs reports can be recognised though Most Outstanding categories.

1 Like

I had a sarcastic thought just then reading through the thread. But realised I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened
 could Dean Wells and other Married at First Sight cast members be nominated for Best New Talent? That category is always hilarious and insulting to actual talent that you know, studied acting or worked to get where they are!

1 Like

Contestants wouldn’t be eligible. If they started a career in television on another show then they would qualify.

Matty J or Sam Frost who have popped on a few things for example, would qualify.

Yeah there will probably be a few up who weren’t even on screens during voting time like April Rose Pengilly etc