60th TV Week Logie Awards 2018

What is this performance? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The tackiness has come back…

3 Likes

Holy shit

2 Likes

Seeing Wentworth win reminded me of this, which is actually funnier then the telecast

3 Likes

7 should’ve persisted with the People’s Choice Awards all those years ago… we’d have a viable alternative …

Celia Ireland saying “bullshit” when Wentworth won Most Popular Darma :joy:

6 Likes

Oh look! It’s not just 9 shows getting a flogging tonight. Lots of Stan nominations and now promos too! What a coincidence!

What was Ray Martin saying before about how you shouldn’t treat the audience like fools???

3 Likes

I think we all agree that the Logies needed a massive makeover from past years, mainly to secure its future and longevity, but tonight’s broadcast it’s just a cheap/tacky take off from the past Melbourne events.

3 Likes

Live from the Gold Coast - local watermark

5 Likes

the old white guy getting in the last word

Probably the most entertaining part of the night

5 Likes

The location isn’t the problem, the event and broadcast isn’t the problem… it’s the farce that the whole voting has become and the bias of the host network

Shane Jacobson: ‘Tony’s doing a good jobs at these voiceovers am I right?’
No.

4 Likes

Shouldn’t the Most Outstanding Children’s Program Award be given out a bit earlier in the night? Near 10pm, the target demographic of those programs probably should be tucked up in bed!

Also I understand why they’d pick Robert Irwin to be a co-presenter of the award but what was Dr Chris Brown’s contribution to children’s TV in Australia? Knowing that Brisbane has a sizeable children’s TV industry (kids programs for 9Go! & Eleven are produced there IIRC), maybe they should’ve offered the children’s TV award presenting position to a presenter or two from one of those shows.

3 Likes

I watched House Rules and MasterChef so I missed more than half of the awards telecast. Given the mostly negative comments made during tonight I think I made the right decision.

2 Likes

Agreed. The bias of the network is ridiculous with no impartiality at all. Even 9now has Tracy as the “face” of the Logies. Like come on!

6 Likes

Typical Seven West Media tabloid rubbish.

5 Likes

Tony Martin: “… whose career started 25 years ago when this broadcast began.” :grinning:

4 Likes

Anyone think it’s getting worse as it goes on?

3 Likes

Thank God the Most Outstanding News Coverage/Public Affairs Report went to Four Corners - imagine the massive outrage there would’ve been if the trophy was given to ACA: Don Burke Interview instead!

4 Likes