60th TV Week Logie Awards 2018

Well this is certainly not politically correct

3 Likes

Could say the same about the Australian Open (Seven take feeds from Tennis Australia’s production department don’t they?)

:expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

Surprised you haven’t heard of her. 3 of her songs reached the top 10 in Australia and another 3 reacher the top 20. Her album also reached number 7 here. So she is fairly popular in Australia. The song she just sang also has 52 million streams on Spotify.

2 Likes

Bert absolutely killed it.

3 Likes

Dilruk won New Talent over the Home and Away stars. Thank goodness for that :slight_smile:
He was great on Utopia

5 Likes

They should invite more people on who are so bitter about the industry and old they dont give a f*** anymore lol

3 Likes

I think Hughesy’s monolgue was brilliant to start off with and had some good zingers. It just went too long and he ended up delivering some flat stuff.

It seemed to go off track when he started on the Married At First Sight stuff. The audience were obviously not fans so had no idea what he was banging on about. He should have read the room better. Then the Don Burke stuff was just awkward.

7 Likes

Shaun is too busy tuning this :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

For posterity.

1 Like

Shane Jacobson’s interviews were awful. Tony Martin has had a few good cracks but generally his voice overs are falling flat.

Bert Newton was extremely cringeworthy. A case of seniors not understanding what is funny, inappropriate or offensive.

3 Likes

I don’t mind Tony’s dry delivery; agree on the other two though - Bert Newton was so off target and Shane Jacobson not at all entertaining. So many polite laughter from the audience.

2 Likes

Bizarreo Logies 2K18

2 Likes

I’m starting to think Working Dog are producing this year and not told anyone.

2 Likes

In this whole “me too” era it was pretty poor to be cracking jokes about his colleagues “mentoring”. I thought it was very ill-timed.

And the “old poof” remark was something out of the 70s

Very disappointing.

I think this will be a Logies where I struggle to stay tuned to the end.

4 Likes

I have not watched a single second of the Logies this year, however this thread paints the most incredible portrait of an awards ceremony for a dying industry hosted out of the cocaine capital of Australia.

Certainly has gone downmarket by the sounds of it.

And it wouldn’t be Australian TV without a spelling mistake or five.

4 Likes

The networks are all referred to as they are officially known. The networks are asked how they want to be referred and its always been this way.

1 Like

That’s the problem, that’s the part that’s remembered

This sort of thing puts a stain on his career and Logies lagacy.

2 Likes

Yep, for sure worst Logies I’ve seen and only 9pm!!! Should’ve stayed at Crown for starters. And poor Bert. Jacobson is just okay, would be worse if he were presenting an award or doing a Hughesy

1 Like