2CH Sydney

Phew! Looks like EON did know what they were doing with that “transitional logo”.

The new 2CH logo can be found at www.2ch.com.au.

Looks a lot more professional.

6 Likes

That great. I really like it!

1 Like

Wow looks very swish!

http://www.2ch.com/ is still the old site.

1 Like

Would have been nice to see the rest of the new site!

There’s NOTHING on it except the new logo, which I agree looks very nice online, not sure if it will look so good in a newspaper ad or on a billboard… they are very dark colours. Seems like they have swapped the Harbour Bridge for one of the sails from the Opera House in the ‘H’.

Hopefully the rest of the new site will all be up soon.

2 Likes

The new logo isn’t a “Harbour Bridge H” by any means, but I have to admit that it’s quite decent in it’s own right! :slight_smile:

I also like the use of sky blue, a very Sydney/NSW colour.

9 Likes

Easy classics , hope it’s not too much like smooth. It’s good here some upbeat pop musics from the 60s.

Full on air line up has been released.

General public will see the new logo & the new web site will go live on Monday morning 13th March, along with the new lineup.

http://www.newmedia.com.au/2ch-new-line-up-and-logo.html

4 Likes

Dano might keep trying to breathe some life into the place…

Surprised they didn’t replace more on air talent though, still skews extremely old.

1 Like

I think the swoosh through the “H” has a hint of the harbour bridge about it

1 Like

I thought it was the Opera House - perhaps a melange of the two :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought that too re Opera House.

2 Likes

Thought they might have gone for a new breakfast show rather than sticking with Gareth McCray. But they’ve probably decided that too many changes at once might not go down well. It doesn’t surprise me at all that they’ve decided to keep Bob Rogers - getting rid of him might have been a change too far for core listeners

Think they are smart. 2CH will rate better than talking lifestyle.

5 Likes

And probably 2DayFM as well, I’d have to guess. The hard part for the revitalised 2CH will be to compete with Smooth 95.3 which in recent years has been starting to become one of Sydney’s favourite music stations!

4 Likes

It seems that Donna has gone but will be interesting who ends up with overnights which will probably continue to be automated and the weekend shifts.

It’s good they’re setting realistic expectations. Obviously happy with where 2CH is sitting and not wanting to risk the audience share dropping.

1 Like

I cant comment for obvious reasons but what I will say is … there is no such things as good radio stations… just good teams at those stations… and with Rod Brice at the programming helm … who is not only good at what he does but a gentleman … you can be assured something awesome will come out the speakers.

3 Likes

I remember when 90.9 Sea FM on the Gold Coast was getting ready to launch… they ran a full page ad in the Sunday Sun featuring a dolphin and neon letraset ‘logo’.

And it looked very much ‘interim’.

Yes this is a good article about Rod Brice.

He does sound like a good operator.

1 Like