2CH Sydney

I truely thought they would have removed the positioner "The songs you know & love "
It’s screaming magic even johnny young is still on afternoons
At least they have music something to be thankfull for

1 Like

Dave Ferguson is doing evenings now on 2ch just to let every one know

And that wasn’t without confusion either. Johnny Young announced just before 6 that Donna Lynch was next, then after 6 up pops Dave Ferguson!

Hopefully they’ll get their act together pretty quickly. In the space of an hour’s listening this afternoon I heard the station branded at different times as Sydney’s 2CH 1170, Magic 2CH and Magic

Yeah heard “magic” just now. Seems like it is still been run by Macquarie network. I have never run a radio station before but it should not be too hard to tidy this up?

They still also have the quote /unquote.

It’s good to still hear 60s music in radio and in my view it’s filling an important big gap in Sydney radio.

2 Likes

I agree. 60s (and even 70s for the most part) is largely ignored by the Sydney commercial FM stations these days, with WS now focusing more towards the 80s, 90s & 00s (similar to the old Mix 106.5 or Vega) and Smooth only playing the softer hits.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be hard to tidy it up at all - the Magic IDs should simply have been removed from the play out system at midnight last night.

There is now the slightly unusual situation of presenters like Andrew McLaren and Dave Ferguson presumably sitting in 3AW studios recording links to be played out in Sydney not Melbourne and on a station that is no longer owned by Macquarie. 2CH’s new owners said they were aiming for a clean break from Macquarie within 3 months of taking over, so that’ll be mid April

I am devastated to learn that Magic 1278 has gone off air in Melbourne. My elderly mother today was extremely upset to also learn this. Music is her crutch as it is many elderly people and I’m sure many elderly people are just so down that they are not able to listen to music that takes them back down memory lane.

Upon research I see that it is still operating in Sydney. Please advise how I can get this music back into my elderly mothers life who battles depression and relies on this music every single day.

Please help me!

Many thanks

Cherie

1 Like

Go to the website and stream sydneys version?
There are also as much as I understand apps for smart devices also?

Very sad to hear Cherie. Is there not a Community Station in Melbourne that might fill the gap?, means tuning to FM I guess.

Would think smoothfm on 91.5 or Golden Days Radio on 95.7 might fit that gap

Golden Days is hardly receivable even with a VHF antenna here in the Inner North West.

For a start Cherie you should at least ring Macquarie Media, owners of the 1278 licence and complain. Otherwise they’ll never know and think everyone is happy with this Talking Lifestyle rubbish.

3 Likes

Ian Rogerson (formerly of Jono & Dano) will be presenting drive on 2CH from Monday 13th March, airing at 3-7pm weekdays.

Source: Radioinfo

5 Likes

This is a good hire. They need more personalities like this and an upbeat play list.

4 Likes

I am now officially old as I grew up with Jono and Dano and loved them on the 2SM breakfast shift. Once my dial is tuned to 2CH does that mean I can access a Gold Opal Card?

Or is 2CH about to sound a whole lot younger?

1 Like

Maybe not down to WS’s levels, but perhaps they could play more upbeat hits from the 60s & 70s that used to be part of WS’s normal playlist about 15 years ago. :slight_smile:

More 70s songs? Whilst I am too young to remember the 70s - that was a decade of great music.

I remember on 2SM the traffic reports on Jono and Dano were from their brown coloured helicopter - they called it the “2SM Brown Eye in the Sky”.

I am assuming that will not resurface on 2CH.

1 Like

Mulray had already used that term on Triple M for the traffic reports.

Disappointing that 2CH still doesn’t have ‘Now Playing’ info on DAB+ in the evenings now that it’s a standalone station…

One wonders if the music is still being programmed out of Melbourne/Brisbane when 2CH isn’t live and local (despite those cities no longer having a Magic station).

You’d think this will change when the EON ownership is fully bedded in.

2CH website is still the Macquarie one and .com.au doesn’t work at all. So the tech side is clearly lacking. Their Facebook is fairly active though.

1 Like