2CH Sydney

Happy at least dab is moving across. The ads are starting to say Sydney’s 2CH.

1 Like

I was tipped off this morning & have confirmation from a notice in todays Sydney Morning Herald, that from Saturday 4th February 2017, 2CH are moving transmitter sties & will now be transmitting from the 2KY site along with 2GB at Homebush Bay.

Funnily enough, it was the Macquarie engineers who were installing the new TX last week (that I mentioned here), & the notice for the site change is from the Macquarie Network Chief Engineer in Melbourne.

I wonder what the go is with 2CH transmission & the new ownership?

2 Likes

Maybe they’ve outsourced engineering to Macquarie for the time being until they employ their own staff. @radioengineer are you able to shed any light on this situation?

1 Like

RFB didn’t you mention that there was a dispute between MRN and Broadcast Australia over the cost of replacement of the ground mat at 2CH’s transmitter?

So what will become of that site? Does anyone else diplex into the antenna there?

1 Like

Unless it’s changed and hasn’t updated on the ACMA register, SBS on 1107 also use that site.

1 Like

Yes I did mention before about a payment dispute at the BA site.

SBS AM 1107 AFAIK will still use that site, no one else diplexes there.

2 Likes

Sorry… I cant comment on any of that

1 Like

ACMA has updated the ownership details for 2CH.

1 Like

On the dab display 2ch has dropped magic today. Short lived. Maybe it’s a shorter timeframe than the timeframe magic 1107 was around in the early 80s.

Will be interesting to tune in tonight. All the announcers say Sydney’s 2ch. At nights it was networked with Melbourne.

1 Like

The “Magic 2CH” branding was launched on February 22, 2016. Didn’t even last a full year.

1 Like

Once the networked Johnny Young show came on at 2pm EDT it was back to the generic “Magic”.

Wonder when they’ll drop that show?

2ch.com still has the Magic 2ch logos on it

@Laoma
Actually evenings with Donna Lynch come from Brisbane not Melbourne.

It still says Macquarie at the bottom too, unchanged so far.

Thanks Brian. I stand corrected.

The graphic on dab is still magic 2ch.

1 Like

The .com.au site is entirely different to the .com - maybe Macquarie only gave one of them up in the sale.

Perhaps they’re going to try and sell it to the owners of the other 2ch.

the .com is registered to Sunshine Broadcasters.

1 Like

Much of this would part of the sale terms, so I’m sure staff couldn’t comment.

How technical do you want to get on this? Donna files her VTs in Brisbane, sent to Melb, playout from there. Yes, she’s in Bris, but it’s worthless.

Actually, why is Donna still in the employ of MRN, what is there left of 4BC/BH in the way of marketing and promotions work to do?

Hey I like Donna, I think her show is probably the best thing they have at the moment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The latest Macquarie Radio Half Year Report (on the ASX website) shows that the station made a loss of $1,208,000 for the 6 months to 31.12.16.