2CH Sydney

Haha, you just want to save yourself for the 6 hours of Australia Overnight tonight don’t you!!!

Alan is a big bully.

2 Likes

It’s gone quiet at 2ch. Next week will it change hands?

Yes. According to an article on when they bought it, EON Broadcasting will officially own 2CH from next Monday (16th January).

I would of thought there would more articles or hype. It’s all a bit quiet .:sleeping:

I’m sure we’ll hear more when the changeover is complete and EON announces their plans for 1170.

Hopefully EON is working on what to do with 2CH right now.

Indeed. Close of a sale is always a busy time. Lots to do behind the scenes with the mechanics of any contract. There’ll be time for announcements when it’s worthwhile.

Does anybody know when EON Broadcasting will take over the programming of 2CH?
Who will be in the new radio announcer line-up?

last Monday was the day they took over running the place , daresay they’re in the final stages of getting things ready before announcing

Is 1SM designed to compete with the new 2ch?

Sale was finalised a few days late.

2 Likes

Might be too early but I heard the traffic guy say 2ch rather than magic 2ch. All the jingles are magic still.

From what I’ve heard this morning the ID’s are now simply “Sydney’s 2CH”. That’s also how Bob Rogers has been identifying the station.
News and weather is still referring to Magic 2CH though.

Probably going to have to get new sweepers and ID’s made, and an update to the website.

1 Like

Yes the website still links from the Magic Australia site.

I’d imagine that it’ll still be some weeks (possibly even months) before 2CH is entirely off the MRN grid.

2 Likes

2ch is still using the magic network feed from Melbourne
I would have thought by now they would have cut ties with the gastly Macquarie media which has totally destroyed 4bc & magic 882 in Brisbane .
When 2ch is no longer magic I hope less 60’s mane some country gold mixed in .
Sadly smooth have captured the older demographic that plays similar music in superior sound quality to am .
The only way to get listeners back is to go local but not sounding old & daggy as magic is .

It’ll take a few weeks before significant changes happen on air. The sale wasn’t finalised until last Thursday and in advance of that there would have been a limit to how much the new owners were able (and probably willing) to do.

Given that it seems Magic in Brisbane and Melbourne will be switching to Talking Lifestyle on or around Monday 27th February, it wouldn’t entirely surprise me if existing Magic programs continue on 2CH until then (only 4 weeks or so away) and the launch of the “new 2CH” also happens on 27th February.

The new owners previously said that they want to be out of the Macquarie building (and presumably sever other ties too) within 3 months max of the sale going through.

4 Likes

Given the sale didn’t finalise until last Thursday, they haven’t even had a week yet! It will be hard to fully cut ties with Macquarie until they move out of the building.
In terms of programming, most of the staff working on 2CH were also 2GB staff (panel ops, producers etc) so new staff will need to hired first. Until that happens, which will still be a few weeks at least, it makes sense to not makes any major changes and keep programming as it. If they dropped the network feed straight away they risk losing even more listeners as the station temporarily becomes a jukebox outside the main daytime shifts.

I too envisage a launch of the “new” 2CH when the Magic name is dropped in Melbourne and Brisbane, thus killing the network feed.

1 Like

I still haven’t seen or heard unequivocally that Magic Melbourne and Brisbane are definitely going to be replaced by that Lifestyle rubbish. It may well happen but I’ll believe it when I see it.

1 Like