2022 Victorian Election - Media Coverage

Wide shot

ABC News channel has coverage nationally as part of news ahead of 5:30pm start of coverage on main channel.

Meanwhile Seven cross to Victoria from Brisbane

2 Likes

That studio looks much nicer than the sport studio in Sydney.

2 Likes

I was on 9 until Sarah Henderson started rabbiting on about the AntiDan sentiment with her ‘vote liberal’ T shirt.

I’ll wait for 7 now. :roll_eyes:

Interesting to see if anyone will call a result before the World Cup starts at 7:30pm :soccer:

Also on Nine

1 Like

Mark needs to stop yelling on Nine.

2 Likes

He’s always shouting.

5 Likes

Yes, GTV clearly have an advantage at the moment with their second studio and general purpose set. Seven need to invest in something similar for HSV next year.

1 Like

Sky’s set up

1 Like

Sky’s coverage is coming from the set used for Fox Footy’s (dreadfully unfunny) Best on Ground program.

The game kicks-off at 9pm AEDST - it’s just SBS’ coverage begins at 7:30pm.

2 Likes

I was going to say, what an odd looking set…

1 Like

10 News First Melbourne bulletin is well put together tonight. Looking forward to next year when it’s 100% live again.

2 Likes

Seven’s coverage started a few minutes early.

3 Likes

Sevens set… well what can we say? :man_facepalming:

It doesn’t look too bad, but the desk isn’t designed for what they are trying to do with it. The tight shots are way too cramped and close. When you see the next persons shoulder in a medium close up, there is a problem.

Lol at the light boxes shipped down from Sydney :joy:

3 Likes

The 7 News desk is just too small for this.

1 Like

“Give me a wide angle lense to make it look bigger but like a really big studio” :rofl: awful

The studio is a quarter of what this image tries to portray :joy:

4 Likes

Where’s Bec going to sit??? Or do they crop her in? :joy:

I would argue that it’s good that Seven’s coverage is from the news set. It lets viewers know that the coverage is from Melbourne for Melbourne. Nine’s set would be unfamiliar for a majority of Nine’s News viewers so maybe they would think it’s coming from Sydney and won’t tune in. Just a thought.

1 Like

Probably will have her stand/ sit on a bar stool next to the screen on set right.

Nine and Fox look far superior.

1 Like