2022 Victorian Election - Media Coverage

Election coverage promos

2 Likes

Who is allowing a post like this to stay live?

What does it even mean?

Hopefully Seven’s ‘Screen of Dreams’ works better than it did for the federal election. It was all over the place.

5 Likes

What’s your problem with it? The media, mainly Murdoch and Sky News After Dark blame Daniel Andrews for Melbourne CBD being “dead”, which some, like myself dispute. I just made a political statement that I believe all of the state will be “dead” if the Liberals win, “dead” meaning dull, boring and nothing happening.

2 Likes

Lisa Miller reporting live from the Exhibition building.

5 Likes

On top of the dome which only reopened recently after being closed for 100 years. Great spot.

1 Like

Has anyone captured the Jennifer Keyte prop from the steps of Parliament House?

I just saw it then.

as someone who works in the CBD on various days of the week, this is bollocks. The CBD is full of people.

4 Likes

Not sure what end of the city you’re talking about… where I am it’s a ghost town on a Monday, and Friday

1 Like

i’m actually down what’s normally the “dead” end of the CBD (west end). A lot of people moving through there. Yes, Mondays, one of my office days, are a little less busy. But I just don’t see anything to support the perception that the CBD is dead.

7 Likes

Getting this thread back on-topic, seems like Nine’s coverage will come out of the Footy Classified/Sunday Footy Show studio:

1 Like

what studio is this from?

Sunday Footy Show/Footy Classified set. Nine have the advantage of using a seperate set for election coverage in Sydney and Melbourne (they have multiple due to sport coverage) however Nine Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth have to use the News set.

Nine Melbourne used the News set last time with the News that night in the Regional studio, but due to them using the sport set Nine News can go from the News set as normal.

2 Likes

I was hoping the coverage would be from the Sport set. Good to see!

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s been mentioned here, but why does TJ host and not Hitch or someone from the news proper team?

(Not complaining, I like TJ - but more curious).

Hitch is an auto-cue reader, not a rolling coverage guy. TJ is quite good at live TV. Who do you suggest from the news team to join?

1 Like

The Victorian election is being hosted from the adjacent studio to the news set in Melbourne

(edit: just saw above)

1 Like

RE: Hitch - He is 76.5 years old and hasn’t hosted election coverage before. Tony and Alicia have since 2014.

RE: Others - Aren’t experienced enough.

2 Likes

Daniel Andrews and Matthew Guy being interviewed on Nine News Melbourne, Seven News Melbourne, 10 News First Melbourne, and (I presume, could someone check) ABC News Victoria.

Unfortunately I don’t think 6News is interviewing them.

2 Likes