2022 Federal Election - Media Coverage

That there is the ‘panic station’. Looked quite stale in their promo! I’m sure it’ll be different with computers and people at it!

1 Like

Would be interesting if this is a purely single-use set or they planned ahead and parts of it will be retro-fit into the new 7News studios post-Martin Place? :thinking:

1 Like

How?

6 Likes

Thanks, and what about the normal tv channel?

It looks like what NBN should have looked like, but instead Nine cheaped out. :pensive:

Brave move if Seven is doing election night from Eveleigh considering the trouble Nine had when they moved to North Sydney. I know they’ve been producing other stuff there for ages but you’d hope the facility is well tested for a live news event given they risk losing credibility should something catastrophic happen on such a significant night.

4 Likes

Candidates will have their bubbles burst.

10 Likes

What do you mean?

1 Like

is the traditional TV broadcast channel the same 720p quality as the iView stream?

It’s better on traditional broadcast, but NEWS is better on iView.

ChannelFree-to-airiView
ABC TV1080i720p
ABCKids/TVPlus576i720p
ABC ME576i720p
ABC NEWS576i720p

(edited)

4 Likes

Us overseas viewers, also see ABC News better on the YT stream.

2 Likes

The ‘internal’ studio set already makes me miss Martin Place before they’ve even moved out. Looking very 9.

Particularly this image -

8 Likes

It does look very 9, nothing about that set or the presentation we’ve seen so far based on that preview says 7 News to me.

2 Likes

Honestly, with some tweaks they could very much do a larger-scale version of the 7 Melbourne set. Wouldn’t be a bad thing IMO.

3 Likes

Apart from the curved video wall, it all looks very temporary. Those light boxes were shipped from Martin Place and isn’t that massive desk from Flashpoint in Perth? The only thing that might be new is that touch screen but why is it on that stupid stand?

1 Like

The light boxes aren’t from Martin place. Seem to be different.

The desk is from flashpoint, the middle screen on the foot is missing though which I think is a mistake. They should have the VR bubble burst coming out of that.

To be honest I hope those VR glass angles aren’t coming out of the floor during the coverage, they are very distracting.

Also could they at-least have dressed the analyst desks off to the side a bit better than office desks plonked in there?

I think you’ll find this is a temporary set. The the back LED walls quality look great though’

1 Like

They used them last time:

10 Likes

I’ve just found out that all ABC iView streams are in 720p. I based my answer on the last time I watched ABC streams. Must be a recent change.

I’ve posted an update on all streams in the HD Broadcasting thread.

1 Like

random request, but I really wanna watch ABC election night in 1080p, but we don’t actually have tv we just have all the streaming apps etc.

does anyone have any ideas how I could watch it in 1080p without the normal TV antenna setup situation?