2022 Federal Election - Media Coverage

Unfortunately, 10s lack of investment into its news department (throughout the year) will be its downfall on Saturday night with viewers. People just don’t turn to 10 for news.

1 Like

Are viewers over the election?

IIRC 60 mins also had a massive drop when Morrison was on as well compared to the previous week. I think people are just over politics to be honest

1 Like

Gotta regain election coverage credibility after that dogs breakfast of a debate

Most Australian’s would rather watch the election on ABC because 10 have not invested large into news and current affairs for decades

1 Like

Ratings for UNITED AUSTRALIA PARTY POLICY LAUNCH 2022 on FTA last night:

2 Likes

It’s looking great for 10 tonight then! Not

According to 3AW’s website, Heidi Murphy will present the station’s election night coverage.

4 Likes

Heard that ad or versions of that ad about 6-7 times between 6:15-7:10(ish) on 7 Melbourne on Monday.

7 and 9 aren’t helping their perception of right-wing bias by both apparently having three Coalition representatives and two ALP reps…

You are right about Nine having more Coalition representation than Labor.
Seven though has three of each:
Chris Bowen, Katy Gallagher and Jason Clare from Labor
Christopher Pine, David Littleproud, and Michaelia Cash from the Coalition

2 Likes

Was coming home with mum today and heard it twice within the space of 20 minutes. If it wasn’t for my mum’s car I almost wanted to break the radio. It’s like the onion but you can hear it.

2 Likes

I’m hearing it wayyyyy more frequently than this. It’s the absolute f*cking worst. The ad agency should be evicted.

2 Likes

I’m surprised at the hate for that ad. I actually thought it was quite funny and creative the first time I saw it and yep, it’s been repetitive but I actually prefer this more than the same ones they always have on repeat in the past with all the complete negative stuff and music.

It did also give me a couple of good jokes I could add into my quiz night last night too.

2 Likes

If you could pick one person from each network who is the drawcard for you to their coverage, who is it? They could be a political reporter, analyst, host/anchor, former politician etc.

For me:
Nine - Chris Uhlmann
Seven - Mark Riley
Ten - PVO
ABC - Antony Green
Sky - Peta Credlin

Doesn’t take long for the memes to come out. Apparently ScoMo was in town today. I saw his plane fly out from Devonport to Launceston so that was the only way I knew until I saw this story from the soccer training earlier today.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison crashes into a child during soccer training in Tasmania on campaign trail - ABC News

Evicted? Lol.

Look it’s a catchy ad, I’d say they did a good job and fulfilled the brief, but it’s just in rotation FAR too much and being played ad nauseam which may not work in their favour.

I doubt however that most people would change their voting preference despite an overplayed ad, irrespective of how annoying it is.

Simple, stop watching/listening to commercial tv or radio.

1 Like

Saw this on twitter… Looks like an official Liberal account as well as it is a “premium” one? Has been made into a song…

Honestly - disgusting

3 Likes

It’s been so bad, I’ve stopped listening to commercial radio - until tomorrow when the ad ban kicks in.

Yes! Off the island. It’s time to Go. You are the Weakest Link. Goodbye.

All of the above.

2 Likes