2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games Coverage

She wasn’t on Melbourne Weekend news ether?

2 Likes

Good call, Abbey and Hamish lack chemistry and she’s far too inexperienced in major sporting events for the role they’ve got her in. Should’ve been someone seasoned like Johanna paired with Hamish, with Abbey doing something with Shirvo who she’s worked with before.

2 Likes

And Beijing Winter Olympics?

Not sure at all really. This was from someone well in trenched within the seven bunker telling me this. I can only take it at face value. Seven fail to realise that it is actually Hamish who is the crap one.

2 Likes

Preach.

4 Likes

Alex McAvaney, has been involved in Sevens Athletics coverage. Not sure in what capacity but is on the ground at the stadium with her father, Bruce and Tasmyn.

3 Likes

His son Sam also works for Seven Sport.

3 Likes

She is a production assistant for the Games. Previously worked across cricket coverage and the 2018 Games and 2022 Winter Olympics.

Not directly, he works for McGuire Media as an Assistant Producer for various footy coverage that airs on 7. He previously worked on horse racing and Game Day in 2015-2017.

3 Likes

Jorja Smith, Laura Mvula and UB40 will also be among the acts performing at the closing ceremony, which will also include a nod to the hit TV show Peaky Blinders.

1 Like

Matt Hill hosting on 7mate. It suits him. He is one of my favourites

3 Likes

Going alright on the AFL coverage too in the weeks before the games.

3 Likes

Good to see Matt Hill hosting on the Comm Games coverage. He is much better than Hamish McLachlan. Matt Hill does seem to have good charisma and is much calmer than Hamish.

5 Likes

During her chat with Amy Parks at the aquatic centre, Melissa Wu was presented with an Australian flag by chef de mission and former swimmer Petria Thomas.

6 Likes

Hmm I know you’re just passing on info, but I find that hard to believe. Abby and Hamish hosted 17 nights of the Olympics together last year, then another 17 of the winter Olympics this year and no-one at 7 batted an eyelid, but then a few days before the end of the Comm games they suddenly want to make a big change to their prime time hosting line-up? Even when the Comm games has been comfortably winning the ratings each night… :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Sky NZ/Prime’s final medal tally graphic shown

5 Likes

Broadcast of the Closing Ceremony finished at 7:13AM

3 Likes

Overshadowed by the death of ONJ.

Overall a magnificent event. Great to see the para-athletes involved in the main games as well. Roll on Victoria 2026. Closing Ceremony miles better than that shambles which was GC 2018

6 Likes

I would say that Birmingham 2022 was the best Commonwealth Games ever

5 Likes

I absolutely would not lol.

Manchester 2002
Kuala Lumpur 1998
Auckland 1990 are the ones in my lifetime that stand out.

Birmingham was fine - but some of the events especially track and field showed the irrelevant nature given the worlds had just been on and the world’s best weren’t there and even some of the Commonwealth’s best weren’t there.

15 Likes