2017 Ratings Predictions

I guess that is fair enough considering last year it had no cricket as competition. There will surely be a drop of some kind considering there is the added extra competition of another Grand Final but I don’t think it will drop by that much.

I think the tennis will get around 1.2 and the cricket around 1 mill.

1 Like

@yellow_sock

“Centurion” (that didn’t even air in most markets) got 918k last night :joy:

Seven’s biggest movie in a few years?

LOL

Sunday January 29
The rivalry between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal will really dominate TV viewing tonight. The new season of I’m a Celebrity will attract less viewers than last year.

Australian Open: men’s singles final
preview show 0.67m, match 2.5m, post-match presentations 2.1m

Bondi Rescue season premiere 0.36m
I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! season premiere 0.73m
Movie: The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel premiere 0.34m

60 Minutes season premiere 0.61m
Lethal Weapon series premiere 0.45m
Movie: American Sniper premiere 0.36m

1 Like

Why are Ch 9 even bothering to air premieres of 60 Minutes, the Lethal Weapon TV series & a movie?

It will hardly take away any viewers tonight at all, considering the occasion…

Competition. Not everyone is into sport and not everyone is into celebrity reality.

3 Likes

Would you rather them play a blank screen? I will probably record 60 minutes to watch at a later date… Most people have PVR’s.

I get that.

I was more meaning why wouldn’t Ch 9 hold off on Lethal Weapon (for example), which could get a much better audience away from the Australian Open Men’s Final.

Whereas I’m A Celebrity has a better chance tonight, as shown last year.

Between 7:30pm & whenever the match finishes, I can’t see a rival program rating above 400k

Just because Seven has the Australian Open Men’s Final while Ten has the Season 3 debut of “I’m A Celebrity” doesn’t mean that Nine should give up and air nothing!

1 Like

I have never said nor implied that.

Air episodes of Big Bang or a movie, etc?

Sunday the 29th of January 2017

Huge night for Ch 7, with a tennis match for the ages (Federer vs. Nadal, the fairytale) and hopefully it’s a great match, daylight will be second, which isn’t flash for ■■■■■■■■…

•No. 1 network: Seven (could get close to ~50%)

•No. 1 main channel: Ch 7

•Australian Open (Men’s Final - Presentation): 2.2m
•Australian Open (Men’s Final): 2m
•Australian Open (Men’s Final - Preview): 775k

•I’m A Celebrity (season premiere): 675k
•Bondi Rescue: 450k
•“The Second Best Marogold Hotel” (movie - Ch 10): 325k

•60 Minutes (return): 550k
•Lethal Weapon (series premiere): 375k
•“American Sniper” (movie premiere - Ch 9): 300k

No. 1 multi-channel: ?

Lots of movies on the multi-channels tonight, good alternatives to thise not interested in tennis, should be fairly close amongst them…

Maybe the fact that I’m a Celeb has rated well has encouraged Nine to not just air repeats and give up…

Anyway…
I’m a Celeb: Enter the Jungle 900k
I’m a Celeb: Main Show 700k

Australian Open Final 1.7

60 Mins 500k

If it sheds 600k from last years premier I would consider this to be the last season for I’m a Celeb.

Well, I will (as I imagine many would) be DVR-ing it tonight, as I (no offence to ■■■■■■■■) don’t want to miss the first hour of the Australian Open Men’s Final :disappointed:

I can’t be stuffed with that rubbish anymore after last nights poor coverage. I will refuse to listen and watch that coverage. Enjoy though.

:dizzy_face:

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?

That’s a shame to hear Turdall.

It was the worst coverage of any event I have ever watched. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I’m A Celeb should still crack the million - won’t be in the 1.3s like last year with FedvNad though.

I’m a celeb will hold up well against the AO. But AO will be double if not triple it’s total people I reckon.

1 Like

Monday January 30
The reality ratings battle begins in earnest tonight. MKR will win in total people but Married at First Sight will win in demographics. I reckon Bride and Prejudice will be the second flop of the year (after Lethal Weapon).

The Chase Australia 670,000 (5.30pm)
My Kitchen Rules season premiere 1.31m
Bride and Prejudice series premiere 0.54m
Miss Universe 2016 replay 0.13m

Hot Seat 605,000 (5.30pm)
Married at First Sight season premiere 1.1m
Movie: Bride Wars rpt 0.34m

I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 0.73m
Life in Pieces 0.46m / 0.36m

Monday the 30th of January 2017

Ch 7 are marketing tonight as the “biggest Monday of the year”, especially after the Australian Open & last night’s ratings, I’d expect that to deliver (MKR is the #1 regular program 25-54s). Very competitive with I’m A Celebrity & Married At First Sight though, tomorrow morning’s ratings could be the most interesting of 2017, gives the networks options before official ratings survey begins…

No. 1 network: Seven

No. 1 main channel: Ch 7

•My Kitchen Rules (season premiere): 1.5m
•I’m A Celebrity: 950k
•Married At First Sight (season premiere): 900k
•Bride & Predjudice (series premiere): 875k
•“Bride Wars” (movie - Ch 9): 350k

WTF are Ch 9 airing a movie repeat for? Now the ‘proper’ 2017 TV begins, who’s seriously interested at this time of the year (same goes for other networks).

Is this a serious prediction? Firstly its not the series premiere. Its been airing for some time. And i believe the last new episode was in the 200-300k mark. I cant see it jumping by nearly 500k.

1 Like