10 Play

It appears Ten have added Neighbours to the shows available to stream on tenplay, it’s now showing up in the streaming list at tenplay.com.au/live and you can see in the screenshot below on the bottom LHS that you can ‘watch live’.

If so I believe that would be the first Channel Eleven show which is available on there, from what I can tell nothing has been mentioned about this across any of their social media channels.

1 Like

I get the feeling they are rolling out these changes that don’t cost anything / much to happen, but given how the technology is not 100% there yet (we’ve all seen the complaints on this forum) I don’t think they want to promote it.

This is all probably in prep for a big push once tendaily comes along.

1 Like

Tenplay is conducting a survey.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/tenplaysurvey?comps=tenplay_survey

What do i need to download stop viewing ads on tenplay? Im sick of the ads getting stuck and then having to refresh only to have to watch another lot of ads.

1 Like

I think they are getting around Ad Block Plus, as there is still ads during programs when ADB is installed.

I had this problem as well. I downloaded Adguard and now have no ads on Tenplay.

1 Like

Thanks. I dont mind the ads if i dont have to refresh all the time.

But Adblock prevents most ads from appearing so less chance of crashes. My laptop with Adblock works great but when I watch on my phone, I have the ssme problems you have.

I have ad block but it isn’t working.

The networks are getting smarter.

Pity they can’t use those brains to work out the glitches.

1 Like

I was invited to take part in a tenplay survey the other day. I mainly did it hoping there would be a spot to write something about the glitches, there wasn’t. :unamused:

1 Like

There were some good questions in there about HD streaming etc, hopefully that becomes an option in the near future.

1 Like

The Tenplay live stream now has commercials for the duration of ad breaks rather than the same commercials on high rotation in between the Tenplay graphic with the annoying music.

4 Likes

FWIU, there were issues with the servers for the last day and a bit. I get the impression that the ten play ad ‘breakways’ will continue, because they worked to resolve the issues asap.

Yeah it seems surprising that they would simply do away with inserting different ads into the traditional terrestrial broadcast when the show is streamed online since they’ve persisted with doing it since live streaming some shows was an option for Ten.

I guess they’re probably still trying to figure out how to monetise the streaming component from an advertising perspective, though I wonder how Seven & Nine have managed to do this whilst maintaining the integrity of their broadcast compared to Ten’s which regularly seems to be struggling in comparison with bugs.

It doesn’t make it any less annoying when they’re repeated on high rotation, or you simply get the ‘your show will be back after the ad break’ image with the annoying music.

I think that this is the method ten have chosen. thy have charged advertisers to run ads during the catch up programs, and by extension the live stream of the main channel.

Either those ad deals have to expire first or they’ll continue doing this.

But as I understand it, there is a team that works to maintain the service - but it does utilise third party hardware.

1 Like

It appears that you can now stream Channel 10, 24/7 via TenPlay. Which is fantastic, in my opinion.

It even has the “Ten HD” watermark.

1 Like

Since Jan 26th, per my above post.

I haven’t seen this though, what are you viewing it on?

I’ve got an IPTV streaming app on my Apple TV that I programmed in (a long time ago) with the direct streaming links for each channel.

This is what I’m getting on the live stream right now

1 Like