10 Play

I’m normally opposed to ad blockers because … shock horror… I am not actually opposed to advertising. I do accept, somewhat reluctantly, that many of the services we access online are not possible without advertising. It has to be paid for somehow.

However, if being able to access this service relies on an ad blocker to be installed then I might have to make an exception and sorry Ten you miss out on those ad dollars

1 Like

Must work OK for some people, based on the latest VPM report, the top 3 programs are on Ten Play.

Well my “views” probably counted in their stats as I’d watch at least part or (if extremely patient) most of the program. And probably the numbers get inflated from people reloading the page and re-watching the ads? :nerd_face:

There’s no logical difference between adblocking on Tenplay and just pirating the show. Why put up with Ten’s crappy player if you’re not contributing to the cost of providing the content either way?

2 Likes

Tenplay works great on Apple TV 4th gen. No dramas at all with ads etc. it’s a different story with 2nd gen Apple TV. The ads often replay repeatedly until you restart the app.

I use my iPad and AirPlay to watch live streams eg Interstate news bulletins. This usually works fine with 4th gen Apple TV but over the past week Airplay has been regularly dropping out. As for Tenplay + AirPlay + 2nd Apple TV = glitches galore.

Interestingly last week Optus internet was blocking live streaming on Tenplay. No idea why.

Tenplay can be hit and miss. After being out of the country last week I caught up on a couple of shows yesterday and for the most part I didn’t have any issues.

I use Tenplay via my Apple TV and I find the PQ is below par and very glitchy. Like they are only using 20fps. Doesn’t look fluid or smooth like ABC iView however iView’s PQ is awful.

It’s quicker, and Aussie shows don’t usually show up as quickly (or at all) on torrent sites.

The top VPM shows on Ten are MasterChef, Offspring and The Bachelor… all Aussie shows.

That’s not really the point, and most of the time I record the show and watch back on my Fetch PVR, I fast forward the ads, does that mean I am pirating as well?

Well there’s a reason Freeview certified boxes limit fast forward speeds, if you see a few frames of an ad, then the effect is almost as worthwhile as had you watched it at full speed.

The difference is also that there’s no incremental cost to the network for you ad skipping recorded terrestrial TV. On the internet however Ten have to pay bandwidth costs for each show you watch, so you’re creating a direct cost for them that they can’t recoup if you block ads.

1 Like

Could they make it any smaller?

Watching the live stream of HYBPA tonight, the ad breaks are so painful. The first 2-3 seconds of the tv broadcast ad plays, then an inserted ad cuts in over the top, plays and then it goes to the on-screen image saying ‘this live stream will be back soon’ with the most repetitive music playing at at higher than normal volume. I hate ads as much as the best person, but watching more than one has surely got to be better than watching a blank screen and some annoying music.

###New tenplay App For Apple TV.

From today, viewers have a brand new way to enjoy their favourite shows from TEN, ELEVEN and ONE on-demand, with the launch of a new tenplay app on Apple TV.

The new app for Network Ten’s industry-leading online catch-up and streaming service has been created to utilise the fourth-generation Apple TV. It was developed after months of extensive research among consumers. With unique features and functions, the tvOS app gives users the most dynamic tenplay experience ever, delivered straight to their living rooms and HD television screens.

Displaying an engrossing image-rich design, users will be engaged further through unique show trivia facts appearing while videos load.

Network Ten General Manager, Digital, Liz Baldwin, said: “The new tenplay app is a fantastic way for viewers to experience immediate access to Ten’s unique and premium online video content on the big screen with the whole family.

“Available anytime and for free, the tvOS app follows tenplay’s successful launch on Apple TV last year, which has already proved to be one of our most popular digital platforms. The new app offers a beautiful user-friendly experience, delivering smooth entry to video playback via new features, including next episode auto play and a ‘continue watching’ function.

“From today, viewers can use the app straight away to catch up on some of the most popular shows in Australia, including MasterChef Australia, Australian Survivor, The Bachelorette Australia, Todd Sampson’s BodyHack, The Wrong Girl, The Project 7pm and many more.”

tenplay spans 12 digital platforms and is part of Ten’s “TV Everywhere” strategy, which puts viewers in control of how they watch our hit shows, when they want to watch them and on what device they want to watch them on.

Over the past year, the numbers of unique visitors to tenplay grew 14% to more than 24 million and the number of video segment views jumped 26% to more than 223 million. Last month, tenplay achieved a record 33 million video segment views in just one month.

The tenplay app is available now for free in the App Store on Apple TV.

2 Likes

###TENPLAY AND NEW IN 2017: TENDAILY.

Network Ten’s digital catch-up and live streaming service tenplay is one of the leading and fastest-growing online entertainment brands in Australia.

Over the past year, the numbers of unique visitors to tenplay grew 14% to more than 24 million and the number of video segment views jumped 26% to more than 220 million. In October 2016, tenplay achieved a record 32.9 million video segment views in just one month3.

More than 2.7 million tenplay apps have been downloaded and the service now spans 12 platforms, more than any other commercial free-to-air online catch-up and live streaming service in Australia.

Next year tenplay will expand to an additional five platforms, including Samsung Smart TVs, Sony PlayStation 3 and Sony PlayStation 4.

The success of tenplay has been underlined by the new video player measurement, or online catch-up viewing, numbers that OzTAM started releasing in February 2016. Network Ten dominates the list of the television programs with the highest VPM numbers this year, with The Bachelor Australia ranked #1.

In addition to strong online catch-up viewing and live streaming numbers, tenplay has seen significant growth in 2016 from exclusive, online-only short-form content such as Australian Survivor’s The Jury Villa, Offspring’s The Caravan and The Bachelor Australia’s Insider Guide.

In 2017, Network Ten will capitalise on the growing demand for short-form content with the launch of tendaily.

Drawing on the resources of Network Ten and other content companies, tendaily will be a standalone, full-service, mobile-first website offering extensive, exclusive and premium short-form news, entertainment, lifestyle, sport and parenting content from breakfast to bedtime.

Tendaily will also offer native advertising opportunities and will provide a strong social media footprint with bespoke quality content.

1 Like

These are new, quick clips & best bits airing during breaks while live steaming on tenplay. They’re introduced by a tenplay sponsor billboard, while watching on tenplay :roll_eyes:

1 Like

###Hot Summer On tenplay.

Exclusive Neighbours Webisodes Plus Huge On-Demand Line-Up.

Network Ten’s industry-leading online catch-up and streaming service tenplay is giving viewers a brand new way to enjoy their favourite shows from TEN, ELEVEN and ONE this summer, with its biggest ever line-up of hit television programs and movies.

For the first time ever, Neighbours fans can also get their dose of Ramsay Street drama and action over the show’s summer break thanks to a special series of 10 webisodes starting on Monday 5 December.

Network Ten General Manager, Digital, Liz Baldwin, said: “tenplay is one of the most popular online and mobile entertainment services in Australia and we’re thrilled to offer viewers the chance to further engage with the great content that Network Ten is known for.

“Some of TEN’s biggest hits will be available to watch in full, on-demand, anytime and on any device. Along with our first-ever Neighbours online summer series, there’s never been a better time to watch tenplay.”

The sizzling summer on tenplay includes the most talked about television show in Australia, The Bachelor Australia, which smashed tenplay video viewing records in 2016 and became an online and social media phenomenon.

From Monday 5 December, fans will be able to relive the first four seasons of The Bachelor Australia and watch romance blossom again between some of Australia’s most famous couples. The Bachelorette Australia’s first two seasons will also be available to view in full from 5 December.

One of the biggest shows on television, MasterChef Australia, will serve its best food ever this summer, with every episode from seasons 6, 7 and 8 available to watch again.

Network Ten’s new specular family entertainment series Australian Survivor will also return to tenplay.

Ahead of the 2017 launch of The Biggest Loser: Transformed – a refreshed and contemporary version of the highly successful series – fans can catch-up on the complete 2015 season, TBL Families, online.

1 Like

Watching Eyewitness News Brisbane tonight via tenplay, it seems TEN have changed their position on the ads playing during the ad break.

They appeared to be the same as what was being shown on terrestrial tv, rather than queued online ads interjecting over the top and then airing tenplay ‘best bits’ or a static screen with a message about the steam returning after the ad break was over.

I enjoy ads as much as the next person, but the experience was definitely much better than before & so much less repetitive. Let’s hope it stays like this.

Summer on tenplay

Ten’s live stream seems to be going offline from 6pm-6:30pm each night. Bizarre considering Family Feud has been simulcast since day dot.

Not surprising, the stream is mediocre at the best of times.