10 Play

My smart TV no longer supporting 10 play due to “upgrades”. Pretty stupid if you think I am going to get a new tv after only six years.

I’ve seen similar comments on 10 social channels lately, not ideal for some viewers using 10 play on connected devices.

I believe I read an article a few days ago about a similar situation with Netflix. You’re best off buying an Android TV box such as NVidia Shield.

1 Like

You can access 10Play on the Fire TV stick then select the Apple TV app , then channels then 10Play but you have to sign up on an Apple device apparently. Confusing.

Get your fix - new tag line?

Why hasn’t 10 got an app on consoles such as playstation? A lot of their market would have consoles such as these yet they haven’t got an app? I am honestly dumbfounded at how stupid they are sometimes.

1 Like

Agree it is frustrating. A lot of the reason would be the fact of the licensing fees I would imagine. That’s why sbs dropped their app on PS4

Yes, of course it’s about the licensing fees. It might just not be worth it for Ten to pay the fees if there aren’t enough viewers to justify it.

Same has happened on my Samsung TV where they no longer provide access to the Foxtel Go app and the TV is only 5 years old.

1 Like

Surely something like being available to your audience, considering they are chasing a younger demographic, is more important long term than losing a few dollars? Streaming is the future and 10s audience is heading for the streaming platforms. So surely they need to be on all platforms for the longevity of their brand.

Well, actually, as I understand it, the focus this year was on completely rebuilding the back and front ends of the 10 Play website.

And because of that, all the platform apps had to go… but they’re not gone forever.

From 10’s audience report for 2019 and what’s to come next year:

10 Play revolutionises its user and advertiser experience.

• Standardisation of the 10 Play app user experience across all devices.

There ya go.

There’s a Christmas pop up on 10 Play, a selection of what appears to be those made-for-TV Lifetime, etc ones (which Seven also have on broadcast and 7Plus - but different titles obviously)

As part of their selection of Aussie Drama available to binge on 10play, they have also added Echo Point with 45 episodes available to watch so far.

Drama series Love My Way has been added to 10 Play.

Starring Claudia Karvan in the lead role, Asher Keddie, Daniel Wyllie, Sam Worthington and Justine Clarke the show.

It was created by John Edwards, Claudia Karvan and Jacquelin Perske with Claudia in the lead role.

It aired on Foxtel since 2005, and was shown across FOX8, W and Showtime.

1 Like

Wasnt it on 7plus until this week?

1 Like

I had no idea, but just checked and appears it’s still on 7Plus as it’s showing up.

10 have also picked up The Secret Life of Us as well which is still on 7Plus for another 10 months apparently.

Interesting, they must be non-exclusive BVOD rights.

2 Likes

Wow Echo Point! Now there’s a blast from the past.

I’d love to see more heritage Aussie TV drama on streaming. So many shows that many would enjoy re-living such as All The Rivers Run, Return To Eden, Against The Wind, E Street, The Sullivans etc etc. So much content that could fill back libraries.

1 Like

These heritage shows would be suitable on All Access, given the library there is quite bare.

True, I’d assume that the SVOD rights are either not available or too expensive for the network and they can make more money with ads from BVOD.

1 Like