1 News NZ

2 Likes

Wondered what was going on when I seen the end of the BBC World News countdown :joy:

Should have probably put up a warning for viewers though to let us know what’s going on.

Good to see TVNZ can still fall back on BBCWN in situations like this.

On air at 6.10 from random small set up inside somewhere and John outside.

Could it be at the NZME building? or Spark building?
no other graphics except the watermark

3 Likes

3 Likes

Camera shot tightened up and now using the 1 News watermark

Thats what I like to see a tight shot of a single presenter, don’t see them much anymore but I’ve always been a fan bit of throwback to the old days.

Respect to TVNZ for trying to make a show out of their situation, they’re trying not to be fire centric but it’s hard. Good on them even despite all the tech difficulties so far.

4 Likes

TVNZ Crew allowed into building for a “Tech Haul”

Update

3 Likes

Just a small montage of Breakfast this morning.

6 Likes

Maybe they should have a small set for back up at NZME in their newsroom or something for future situations. Even some small set up in their Wellington newsroom.

3 Likes

1 News Midday ran only 5 minutes, and Te Karere and the late news have been pulled from the schedule for today.

This was the full Midday bulletin

6 Likes

Midday was followed by Country Calendar. Looks like Tonight has been replaced by code red.

3 Likes

1 News at 6 hosted by Wendy in the temp studio, Simon in the field, sport live from Japan with Andrew and Daniel presenting weather from the field also.

Seven Sharp hosted by Hillary in the temp studio and Jeremy in the field.

2 Likes

Here is a montage of the 1 News at Six bulletin tonight and if you go to 1:11 in the video you can see their ‘second’ newsroom here are some screencaps below.

4 Likes

They’re doing a pretty good job based on the backup setup they have available!

Would be cooler if they just put some lightning and a better camera in their makeshift newsroom and set up an area for broadcasts and any plasmas they have not in use there just have their background loops playing. Would look a lot better than what they have in that bunker.

They’re at the Spark corporate offices. I’m surprised the bulletin wasn’t done from the Wellington or Christchurch newsroom.

4 Likes

I would say to run the graphics in the tv is easier than having to tie up an extra graphics line in a studio with stripped back resources.

I think the newsroom is only a tempory location and resources are probably better used reporting the news than assembling a flash cam location where the shot looks better outside showing whats happening,

No need to the studio they have set up in the building functions just fine and the staff are already in Auckland plus most stories are Auckland based today.