1 News NZ

Simons delivery was Idk how to explain it but very somber. Shows how hard it’s hit the 1 News family.

Took me a while years and years back to get into Greg but he turned out one of my favourites. Loved his one liners and sarcasm. Sad loss. Respect to his friends family and colleagues.

5 Likes

Ake ake kia kaha

Can’t think of an obvious replacement now when Simon Dallow eventually calls time on 6pm

1 Like

Probably got another 10 years plus in him so plenty of time to develop someone. Maybe a Chris Chang?

Looks like former Australian Correspondent Ruth Wynn-Williams has joined the Nine News Sydney team.

1 Like

I understand she’s been there as a producer (or similar) for a while

5 Likes

Toni Street presenting sport tonight on 1 News.

3 Likes

Blooper from tonight’s 1 News at Six bulletin.

9 Likes

That’s great. The wee run she does back into shot! :joy:

1 Like

Is that video still there I can’t see anything

1 Like

Try this. https://twitter.com/iTransmitTweet/status/1043381999505829888?s=09

1 Like

Another one here too

3 Likes

Ah studio automation (Mosart, Ignite, Overdrive or whichever system they’re using)

Here are some fun camera fails from the BBC from a few years back.

2 Likes

Was really impressed by these graphics used on the News at Six last night!

3 Likes

I’m not posting this to cause any drama and in no way is it meant to come across as racist. But I feel TVNZ news in particular Breakfast are really shoving te reo in our face. Sure it’s a national language to celebrate but after seeing breakfast quite a bit the past two weeks it’s as if they have a quota on how many maori words to say and tbh it’s just too much. Comes across as forced and very PC.

And their Noel Leeming give away is yesterday came across as staged and fake lol

3 Likes

This is the kind of Setup TVNZ Should have had for their Newsroom Set!

8 Likes

Exactly how I imagined it too but my imagination had one large curved screen and on the three side two smaller curved screens

1 Like

Marama T-Pole has been doing a lot of presenting across all the bulletins for the last month or so. Her reading style certainly isn’t perfect but I’d love for her to keep filling in to refine hiccups here & there.

T-Pole has been on Tonight the whole week, with Melissa Stokes is on Breakfast. Daniel is filling in for Jack, who is on hols. I’ll take a bet that Stokes will replace Peter Williams on the weekend news come next year, with T-Pole on Tonight.

1 Like

Not a huge fan of Marama myself. Would rather see Jenny Suo take over Tonight. Agree with Melissa taking over 6 weekends.

As well as Daniel moving over from the news chair to hosting on Breakfast, Matty McLean has been doing double duty, his usual weather on BF and hosting SevenSharp with Jeremy away. Matt Gibb did weather one day this week though I understand.

And I’ve seen Chris Chang doing sport lol