1 News NZ

Ali Pugh presenting Midday today

7 Likes

Little cameo by Simon Dallow during Shortland Street’s season finale tonight.

vlc_20221215_190341

vlc_20221215_190355

7 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

Caps

6 Likes

I really wish they had a summer breakfast show

2 Likes

Same here.

Judging by the content that usually passes for the Breakfast show these days, I don’t.
I have no idea what that show is meant to be any more, who’s fronting it etc.

4 Likes

This used to be my thinking especially as I would more likely have time to watch it over the summer holidays. I think it is too late now to do this with a decreasing FTA audience.

This is also why! It has turned into an unusual show with an unusual presenting line up.

3 Likes

Yes, its extremely odd having a national breakfast show (anywhere in the world) close down over the summer months.

What do they replace their schedules with during this time?

3 Likes

Reruns of a British home improvement or travel shows usually.

5 Likes

But TVNZ 2 sister channel to TVNZ 1 airing reruns of British reality and home improvement series such as Kirstie Phil’s Love It and List It and Rich House, Poor House that recently screened new episodes on 1 and channel 2 is replaying Your Home Made Perfect which is a weird fit for the network which usually suited programming for youth audiences.

Daniel Faitaua hosting the Christmas bulletin today. Jenny Suo on Sport

6 Likes

A full One Network News Tonight bulletin from what I would place at April 21, 1999 with Mike McRoberts anchoring.

Note, there’s a 1998 end credit tag - but the Columbine shooting was definitely 1999!

5 Likes

You mean lifestyle television?

2 Likes

Nine News reporter Nick Kelly on the bulletin tonight reporting from the Gold Coast

4 Likes
2 Likes

Should have had a complete change of Presenters to reset Breakfast for 2023 against am. Still a slight improvement from the new Executive Editor.

1 Like

Where’s Jenny Suo going? It wasn’t long ago she moved to Midday from Tonight.

@NuStraya Moving to sports news, I think (since Chris Chang is moving to Breakfast along with Anna Burns-Francis, who has returned to NZ after about three years in New York as TVNZ’s US correspondent).

@theGradyConnell And I wonder where Indira Stewart is going…

1 Like