1 News NZ

Wendy Petrie back on 1 News Tonight this evening. Star Kata and Tania Page have done the last few weeks, with Melissa Stokes doing a night or two also…

4 Likes

Te Karere today must have been running ahead of time as they had a nearly 2 minute close to the bulletin today :joy:

6 Likes

3 Likes

All day News Specials in between the usual bulletins until at least 6pm, according to the Freeview guides.

3 Likes

Interesting got a covid background on the website…

4 Likes

I would have put Jenny Suo on for this news coverage

1 Like

TVNZ1’s evening schedule has been dumped for the news. To at least midnight, according to the guides.

5 Likes

Melissa Stokes & John Campbell do great breaking news coverage

3 Likes

Updated
Now changed to black

5 Likes

Anna Burns-Francis has travelled to Edinburgh. Chris Chang presenting this morning’s coverage.

Miriama Kamo has taken over for the afternoon.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Jack Tame took over at 4pm. Looked like they played a doco for about 90 minutes from 2:30.

4 Likes

Simon Dallow also doing the ‘Sports segment’ tonight.
Literally one segment.

5 Likes

I note that Daniel Faitaua is back reporting in London. Mei Heron has had quiet the orientation to her tenure as Europe Correspondent - glad she has back-up.

6 Likes

Joy Reid has headed over and I’m pretty sure Melissa Stokes too.

Barbara Dreaver has flown to Fiji where she’ll be until Tuesday, then return before the funeral.

4 Likes

Damn, would have liked to see 3 minutes uncut.

I’d love to see Simon Mercep given a go presenting. He appeared on Breakfast this morning as a guest, and I can’t help but think he’d be better in Matty’s chair.

2 Likes

No no no. He was pretty average when he did a stint as ASB business host or whatever it was called and on RNZ he was not great at adlibbing. Great journo but not sure on air fronting is his game.

6 Likes

Have to agree with this, wasn’t that great on Morning Report or as a fill in newsreader. Comes across quite wooden. He is a solid reporter and should definitely be in the investigative journalism department, his reports on youth crime and what’s driving it have been very insightful especially with many having learning disabilities. I had to cringe seeing him do a voiceover report on 1News for the VMA’S last month. Surely those type of stories are beneath him.

1 Like

John Campbell hosting 1 News at Six today

9 Likes