1 News NZ

I thought 1 News did an excellent job last night. I think they should look at anchoring from on-location more often. I know they did this during the Christchurch and Kaikoura earthquakes too.

7 Likes

Breakfast on the ground live tomorrow

1 Like

Works best with double headed presenting when you can have one on location and one in studio. But yes I think it’s really important to get out in the field sometimes.

1 Like

New look 1 News

1 Like

Slightly tweaked opening shot

Opener subjects now have a headline.

4 Likes

Oh my god, why do they change things that don’t need changed, let alone making them worse. Looks like 9 News brought 1 News

2 Likes

Way too busy

No. Yuck :nauseated_face:

Here it is in motion

11 Likes

Love the AR graphics on the set.

7 Likes

Should do a full revamp before the Election, not tweaks.

3 Likes

I’m not too sure about the AR graphics on the roof

1 Like

AR a little too busy for my liking.

And my pet peeve is headlines on news openers that add no value.

2 Likes

Headlines are far too big and while I quite like the AR it does seem overused in this opening. All in all, not a very good change.

1 Like

Yuck the headline straps remind me of 9. It’s a horrible shade of blue. Even having the text in lower case would look a lot better

Nope, not too keen on that. Love the camera shot at the start, but definitely do not love the headline straps. I take it Tonight remains unchanged? And speaking of the AR, I haven’t seen any of the mad AR explainers for a while. Are they still a thing?

1 Like

Yes they still have AR explainers.

1 Like

They did one lastnight with the poll results

1 Like

Yeah no change, same intro like I posted last Friday

1 Like

Lisa Davies presented Midday this afternoon.

Lisa Davies used to do quite a bit of 6pm anchoring, but not for some time. Again, another under-utilised potential presenter.

John Campbell crossing live from Tarawhiti on the 6pm bulletin this evening.

7 Likes