1 News NZ

Monday Andrew Saville & Nadine Chalmers-Ross

Tuesday Matt Gibb& Nadine Chalmers-Ross

Wednesday Matt Gibb & Nadine Chalmers-Ross

Thursday Andrew Saville & Nadine Chalmers-Ross

1 Like

Friday Andrew Saville & Nadine Chalmers-Ross

NZ Herald reporting Peter Williams has been dumped from Breakfast, in favour of Daniel Faitaua for a Breakfast relaunch next year. Article here

Breakfast Hosting this week so far

• Monday Melissa Stokes & Matt Gibb, News : Peter Williams
  • Tuesday Rawdon Christie & Nadine Chalmers-Ross, News : Peter Williams
  • Wednesday Rawdon Christie & Nadine Chalmers-Ross, News : Peter Williams
1 Like

Man all im looking forward to is when they ditch those stupid flower arrangments on the desk. Didnt like them 9years ago still dont. An eyesore and out of place.

2 Likes

It is very Tacky. Just have the laptops in view and call it a day. No more 4am flower market shops on Mondays for the flowers for the week.

1 Like

Plus that desk that they have is so small for a breakfast programme. You barely have enough space for the laptop because the flower arrangement takes most of it up!

1 Like

I suspect it might be ok with flowers if they didn’t have the laptops there and just kept it as a soft set which is how they used it initially when the new One News studio/desk launched a few years back

2 Likes

One News @ 6. 01.08.16

With Simon Dallow and Bernadine Oliver-Kerby.

2 Likes

Te Karere intro’s | 2009 - Present

1 Like

##Hilary Barry and Jack Tame confirmed as Breakfast hosts.

They will be joined on the show by Daniel Faitaua as news presenter and Sam Wallace as weather presenter.
The new presenting team starts on Breakfast on September 19.
John Gillespie, TVNZ’s Head of News and Current Affairs, says: "It’s true – we’re making some changes to Breakfast. Hilary Barry and Jack Tame will be the new presenters

More here. https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/hilary-barry-and-jack-tame-confirmed-breakfast-hosts

1 Like

I dont watch Breakfast anymore but what they need to do is revert back to the previous opening sequence. Sting > headlines > titles > wide shot > presenters… NOT Titles > headlines > fade to presenter.

It irritates me because theyve done it for years and it comes across as disjointed and messy. When they rebranded last year they finall got a decent sequence and now theyve ruined it.

3 Likes

The speculation has finally been put to a rest! :joy: Today’s announcement definitely cues some real competition for Paul Henry on TV3, which gave Breakfast a real run for it’s money. Wonder if Christie or Chalmers-Ross will jump ship…

Anyone reckon they will make any minor set changes or anything? Doubt it personally but it would also be about time they stop using pixelated blurry squashed images on their screens. Unprofessional.

1 Like

I spoke to someone who went to the opening of the new newsroom.

They said there is a new studio as part of the newsroom which could be used for breakfast, Midday and Tonight.

Don’t know any more than That

2 Likes

The NZ Herald can finally stop writing near-daily rumour/opinion pieces about what’s happening to Breakfast!

2 Likes

Scotty Morrison presenting Tonight yesterday, I think it’s the first time he’s presented a bulletin other than Te Karere.

Quite good seeing him used on other bulletins. He presented Tonight once last week as well but I remember years ago he filled in on breakfast (Paul Henry Days) doing the news a few times.

1 Like

I quite like Scotty, he has an awesome personality.

Which brings me to Daniel replacing Peter. Daniel has always come across as too soft, banter wise I can see it being awkward. They should have tried to poach Sacha McNeil back. I never used to think much of her at TVNZ but she grew on me. Her and Hilary are like besties so would make it so even better if they grabbed her.

Re tonight though, breakfast even… the males need to wear ties. I find it so scruffy, if not do a few buttons up lol

1 Like

Yep, around that time he did the news then midday a few times. Quality presenter.