1 News NZ

Some Auckland interviews also coming from what John called “The Other Broom Closet”

Anyone at TVNZ read this? Breakfast please revert to the old intro sequence! Sting > headlines > titles > welcome. Right now it’s just a mess and I will never understand why they stopped doing it. They have plenty of time to kill so that’s not and issue and imo stop having the newsreader stand, looks stupid having to watch them get up and sit back down!

https://youtu.be/OR01ZNnlSCw

Now
https://youtu.be/RNA4xZ5qLh4

Breakfast at NEP this morning they seem to have a bit more of a set up there now.

2 Likes

Looks like they might be there for the rest of the week with what they’re saying. Nice studio though

2 Likes

Shame they don’t sit at the sofa on the 6pm. Do they see it as too informal? Red is part of their brand lol

2 Likes

Most Likely.

2 Likes

They should just have them small screens with the generic background loop and maybe a bit closer and portrait lol

1 Like

Other than the backdrop being a bit dull, that setup arguably looks better than their normal set.

3 Likes

Jack is a far better newsreader than he was breakfast host, his delivery and tone is perfect. Future Simon Dallow?

I’d say so. Jack or Daniel. Breakfast to Q+A host / Europe Correspondent - either moving on to host 6pm from those gigs would be a pretty easy transition.

In all honesty I kind of find Daniel over rated… doesn’t do anything to impress me anyway. I’m not sure why but I just couldn’t see him myself being a replacement for then 6. Just a fill in.

Simon and Wendy still have a good five years in them at least. I just hope their next duo is as long term and the past two duo have been.

What are people’s thoughts on the duo standing presentation?

6 Likes

All that I could think off was barefoot Melissa :joy:

1 Like

Jack Tame back home doing Midday, although just an intro no headlines

1 Like

TVNZ has returned to normal studio

3 Likes

4 Likes

Does Jenny May not do midday? Just whoever around?

1 Like

Also noticed that Jenny Suo hasn’t been presenting Tonight for a while. I heard she was on holiday, but surely not for this long!

1 Like

Okay I’m a bit confused… Why hasn’t Jenny Suo been presenting 1News Tonight? I just saw her on a Fair Go ad I think. Has he quit the late night presenting role?

She’s on holiday at the mo.

1 Like