WIN News

How does that even happen? They must have someone really incompetent putting the pieces together in Wollongong.

2 Likes

Are the WIN News bulletins recorded ‘as live’ or do they record a string of intros then edit them in with the stories??

My understanding is the Gong studios record intros and edit them together (given how many sport reports Amy has to present on a daily basis, it seems the likely option.) I’m fairly sure Queensland is still as live, two studios with 3 bulletins out of each.

Back when bulletins were produced from the Rockhampton and Toowoomba studios, the first bulletin out of Rockhampton would be recorded around 4.40 (Cairns), then 5.20 (Rockhampton) and live at 6.00 (Townsville.)

Also, someone complained on the lack of local news aired during the Gippsland bulletin (and the majority since the July 1 timeshift,) seems like there were some technical difficulties which prevented the Gippsland bulletin going to air. This was the response from WIN on their Facebook page. Going by other posts, it’s a regular occurrence.

Len, we appreciate your comment regarding the loss of the local news service tonight, no one more disappointed than our loyal and hard working local staff.
Technical difficulties beyond our control have contributed to the problem today, the local news that you enjoy will be returned tomorrow.
The July 1st affiliation change is in no way related.

The majority of the reports featured on the Gippsland bulletin tonight were from Bendigo and Albury, both 300-400km away from Tralagon, no wonder people are switching off if this becoming the normal.

4 Likes

WIN News have been airing early afternoon news updates featuring QLD Chief of Staff Phillip Calder presenting the update from inside the newsroom.

In the background, they have 2 TVs on the wall.

One of these TVs shows the news update we’re watching appearing live, with graphics, etc.
Which appears as though they are trying to give the impression that the news update is live.

However, the second TV shows the program “The Talk” airing, which finished 35 minutes ago.

2 Likes

Do they not normally air updates through the day, is this new?

They always air updates.
But they’re normally presented from the studio.
Recently, they’ve been done from the newsroom

3 Likes

Ridiculous. What’s the point of having an “Exclusive” if your viewers can barely see it in the first place with all that rubbish on the vision. Fair enough have a bug or a small watermark, but this… :expressionless:

[quote=“webguy, post:925, topic:214, full:true”]
How does that even happen? They must have someone really incompetent putting the pieces together in Wollongong.[/quote]Similar things to this have occurred on the Tassie bulletin before. Still very amusing when it happens and someone manages to cap it. :grin:

1 Like

Due to the RU broadcasting from 5pm this Saturday, there will be no WIN News shown in Tasmania. So, I guess Lucy will have the previlege to yet again advise their viewers that if they want any sort of news on this day to switch over to Southern Cross at 6. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Why can’t they put the news broadcast on one of their other channels? Other stations seem to do it without any problems when other commitments arise…

2 Likes

Or just watch Nine News Melbourne on TDT.

2 Likes

If Network Ten aren’t producing a weekend bulletin, where are WIN Tasmania going to source their national stories from?

There is plenty of sources, AAP, AP etc.

The kid that drew the Olympics pictures for Have You Been Paying Attention? jUst wait until he adds the Exclussive watermarks all over his pictures.

3 Likes

Well, that’s what you’d expect to happen when Ten Eyewitness News becomes “Ten Nowitness News” because of sporting commitments. :confused:

You wonder why WIN News Tasmania even continue to run local weekend bulletins when they’re seemingly off every few weeks due to sporting commitments. Although I certainly want as much local news on TV as possible, WIN may as well save the money/resources for improving the quality of Tasmania’s weeknight bulletins and just run Ten’s national weekend news (whenever it’s on, of course) into Tasmania IMO!

1 Like

[quote=“bubandbob, post:935, topic:214, full:true”]If Network Ten aren’t producing a weekend bulletin, where are WIN Tasmania going to source their national stories from?
[/quote]Are there any bulletins produced by Ten on Saturday? IIRC, Adelaide had a bulletin last time a sport broadcast took precedence because of the time difference. If not, WIN could still produce a 30min bulletin to air at 4.30pm, or at the regular time on one of the multichannels available if they really wanted to.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:938, topic:214, full:true”]Well, that’s what you’d expect to happen when Ten Eyewitness News becomes “Ten Nowitness News” because of sporting commitments. :confused:

You wonder why WIN News Tasmania even continue to run local weekend bulletins when they’re seemingly off every few weeks due to sporting commitments. Although I certainly want as much local news on TV as possible, WIN may as well save the money/resources for improving the quality of Tasmania’s weeknight bulletins and just run Ten’s national weekend news (whenever it’s on, of course) into Tasmania IMO!
[/quote]Hard to disagree, sadly. It’s the first time I’ve watched WIN News tonight for weeks, and the inconsistencies are still present. From the presenters, to the graphics, everything. I’ve even noticed that the fonts they use on their supers can differ from the Ten reports at times (with incorrect names appearing etc.). It’s a real mess at the moment.

1 Like

[quote=“CQtvNetwork, post:919, topic:214, full:true”]
Someone at WIN News Toowoomba was a little bit excited by these exclusive pictures. Yes, this is legit.[/quote]Someone at WIN News Tasmania shows a little more restraint with tonight’s exclusive report.

4 Likes

New WIN News Promo I haven’t seen before.

NQ Version of WIN News Promo

3 Likes

Not bad, though I’ve said it before - there is far too much lens flare happening on those graphics for my liking.

They need to update that promo now that Carrie has changed her hair colour!

4 Likes

Those ones were recorded last week, along with promos featuring Hannah and Paul Taylor.

Lincoln and Hannah were filming more today. Corinne was doing news promos last week too.

The Central Queensland promo mentions 'local news for Rockhampton and Central Queensland, surprised Townsville isn’t mentioned by name in that last promo.

1 Like