WIN News

In Queensland, Paul Taylor is now on leave for the remainder of the week. Queensland Director of News at WIN Television Chris Wordsworth is presenting.

1 Like

One thinks that they secretly want it to.

I like the idea above… Three regional bulletins one for southern NSW, one for regional qld and one for Vitoria…One hour… Incorporate tens national and international stories.

1 Like

Whilst Corinne May is filling in for Lincoln Humphries on the other QLD bulletins.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t see win doing anything to evolve the format or content of their news bulletins.

No look at the format or how it relates to the way people
Consume news today.

No look providing some national news in the bulletins to compete with 7 and 9 (which are thrashing win at 6)

No look at live crosses In the live bulletins

No look at working with local newspapers or radio stations to share content and cross promote

No attempt to launch a news website, beef up
Social
Channels;

No attemp to alter the decade old marketing efforts of “your local news” positioning

No attempt to update the look, feel, appearance of the news

Win will
Do nothing.

Then they will swing the axe

4 Likes

It’s the classic case of “well, that’s how we’ve always done things…” which can be dangerous!

6 Likes

I think everyone here has hit the nail on the head. In this day and age you can’t just muddle a news bulletin with hours old news. People want to know what’s happening now. Thankfully, we’ve got the ABC in Canberra, who do local plus national. I do appreciate WIN, but if you can only report on local things, then meh.

1 Like

how early in the day are some WIN news bulletins taped? I know in the old days I think they used to start taping in Ballarat from about 3.30pm but it’s probably even earlier than that now given production is now more centralised.

I agree with what everyone is saying.

This is why WIN needs to move to 3 live bulletins at 6

One out of Maroochydore for Queensland.
One out of Wollongong for SNSW
One out of ballarat for Victoria

Within that, local 7 minute Windows

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m not surprised. I on the Border regularly and don’t know anyone who watches WIN news anymore. The quality of product makes it an easy choice too - Prime usually have nearly double the number of stories and of those almost all are directly relevant to the region- rather than about half on WIN.

The quality of news on Prime is also great example of how the product is enhanced by using journalists who have grown up in the area and are therefore familiar with what’s relevant to the community - even just the prominence of local identities, as opposed to a news service that has high turnover of imported journalists with little knowledge or care about the region.

4 Likes

As Paul Taylor is on leave, Philip Calder was presenting the South Australian updates tonight (not sure about last night).

Does he ever present on the Queensland bulletins?

Philip Calder is a Sunshine Coast-based journalist & Chief of Staff for WIN News, so I presume that he was just filling in on the SA updates and possibly some of WIN’s Queensland news bulletins! :slight_smile:

Any Posts of the South Australian Updates on YouTube?

Occasional updates throughout the day. Haven’t seem him present on bulletins yet. He’s also a producer so usually in the control room when bulletins are going to air.

@SydneyCityTV Acting Chief of Staff. Corinne May is the CoS for Sunshine Coast.

1 Like

[quote=“CQtvNetwork, post:883, topic:214, full:true”]
Her first night back on the Canberra bulletin is tonight, may be the same for Tasmania too.[/quote]Nope. Looks like WIN have decided to drop Hannah in the Queensland “weather centre” reading the Tassie weather in favour of the main presenting (either Brent or Lucy) reading it once again.

Would’ve been better if they stuck with it as it at least breaks up hearing the same persons voice for the entire duration of the bulletins. Either presenters are having to do news, sport and weather at the moment as they’re down a presenter in Tom Cooper who is currently on holidays.

Philip Calder was presenting news updates all afternoon on Thursday and Friday but Woodsworth presented at ‘6pm’.

Exclusive graphic

6 Likes

For comparison, the ‘Exclusive,’ along with the ‘First on WIN’ and ‘Only on WIN’ bugs as featured on the Central Queensland bulletin.

7 Likes

Latest promo

Plus Olympic tally fullscreen

3 Likes

To be honest I’m waiting for 4 gold and 4 bronze.

Or will the medals not be found.

8 Likes