WIN News

no, it’s actually a twitter account which tweets all the hilarious or ridiculous posts/comments from readers of Piers’ blog on the News Corpse website. Mind you, that accounts for 99.99 per cent of them.

1 Like

I’m not sure Wes will be back. My understanding is he has been made redundant in light of the forthcoming move of news production to Wollongong.
I’m guessing Bruce Roberts will reappear when the services commence from there.

Is this different?

1 Like

That AAN logo is terrible!!

I think you’re right regarding Bruce. Going by his Twitter account he arrived in Wollongong last week, so I’d say Alexia will be presenting until Feb.

@TV.Cynic It is, first aired on Monday, 21st December.

WIN News Albury was sent to air tonight without sound for the majority, if not all of the bulletin going by quite a few angry posts on their Facebook page. No response from WIN. The bulletin isn’t airing on VAST tonight either.

I wonder if anyone recorded it, so you could dub your own voice in and have some fun with it. :laughing:

1 Like

Bruce Roberts just did a Win News Update, so I am guessing that Ballarat has now seen its last bulletin and from now on everything will come out of the gong.

1 Like

Bruce Roberts presented the All Australian News yesterday. Video thanks to zampakid.

1 Like

Bruce Roberts presented the All Australian News today

I am in Pambula at the moment and last saw a WIN News update last night and saw it said Illawarra can someone please explain why we are getting the WIN News Illawarra Bulletin here in Pambula NSW when it’s basically 4 hours away from Canberra

That’s because Pambula (& the NSW South Coast) is in the Illawarra/South Coast viewing area, which goes back to pre-aggregation days.
Slightly OT, the LCN name for WIN down that part of the world is “WIN South Coast”, but is virtually the same as WIN Illawarra. Prime7 & SC10 South Coast, on the other hand, is separate from its Wollongong station, complete with its own local ads covering from Ulladulla to Eden.

Kerryn Johnston Quits WIN TV:

3 Likes

Thursday night, I saw a mix of 9 News graphics and WIN News graphics on AAN. I wasn’t paying attention to the 9 News graphics story, so I couldn’t tell you if it come from a different news room, or directly from 9 News. The next two stories come from southern NSW, and I switched off after that.

Perhaps from Tasmania - are WIN still using 9 News-style graphics down there?

1 Like

Is WIN News Victoria coming from Wollongong yet?

1 Like

More than likely a Tasmanian story. They use 9 News reports so have similar supers and graphics. WIN’s are a bit more transparent than Nine’s.

@NewsKing Not yet. Alexia Boland and Wes Cusworth still presenting out of Ballarat. Nothing was mentioned last night. I’m taking a guess and saying it won’t be until the week of the 22nd.

1 Like

Makes sense, thanks guys

Thursdays news here came out of Wollongong but Fridays news was back out of Ballarat. On Thursday Bruce Roberts was reading the news (and weather) with Amy Duggan on sport. I noticed a few slight difference in font and graphic sizes as well as the camera shots when showing both presenters

1 Like

Who was presenting out of Ballarat then?

That surprises me that WIN are using the Ballarat studios at all now.