Watermarks

Interesting how the Watermarks differ from state. And yes, I agree it’s a tad early (139 days currently when typing this) to be running Olympic promos now, but it sure does make the wait more exciting! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the info. :slight_smile:

Quite possible its just the program being aired is different to the other markets and thats why the Olympic watermark is missing but that doesn’t explain why there isn’t one on 7TWO and 7mate aswell. All the other markets outside WA have the Olympic watermark.

Update: Olympic watermark is back.

1 Like

That would be this one, which I shortened. The original had Toni Pearen saying “The only show where every…” before abruptly cutting to the WIN ender. I can’t seem to find the original :frowning:

4 Likes

Here is a mid 2004 version:

2 Likes

The Olympic watermark did not appear during Sunday Night tonight.

Maybe Seven is only allowed to use the Olympic rings watermarks during certain programs?

The 7 watermark is inserted at the production stage on Sunday Night, like the news.

1 Like

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/useful-stuff-for-mocks/737/7?u=indecisivename78

Here is the link to my site hosting all the ready-to-use transparent Aussie TV watermarks for your mocks. The website is a work-in-progress.

2 Likes

The watermark on Seven Melbourne is currently in the top right hand corner (presumably so it doesn’t intrude with other graphics) on the annual Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal:

4 Likes

and no rings.

Even in Sydney the rings have disappeared. I thought the rings were full time

Different movie in Adelaide. Still no rings

2 Likes

Until today the Good Friday Appeal was the only remaining program that did not have a watermark.

1 Like

The Olympic rings are back on the watermarks of 7TWO and 7mate tonight.

1 Like

I don’t know why its only happening on Fox Footy HD but the “No Ad Breaks LIVE” graphic looks 20-30% bigger than the SD channel and the other Fox Sports channels. Its really awful! I actually rather the ad breaks that that gigantic graphic.

1 Like

I’m surprised there hasn’t been an uproar. Way too big.

2 Likes

Live and Free but not in HD on 7Mate showing an uncoversion tonight.

3 Likes

30 minute delay here. Prime still not opting for the proper channel watermarks.

3 Likes

Thankfully it’s back to normal size today. Would be better if they get rid of it all together and just have LIVE

I really don’t get why channels want to promote the fact that the sport they air is live and free. I mean of course it’s free they don’t need to promote it!

2 Likes

Blame Seven for starting this recent “Live and Free” watermarking (and promotional) trend on sports broadcasts. I believe that they were the ones who started it, with Nine and Ten (one wonders how long it will take them to start using “Live, Free and in HD” as a dig at Seven) following suit later.

4 Likes

Watermark on Eleven

3 Likes