The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Maybe I just know a lot of Kiwi’s who are leftists. I guess the way they have voted also paints that picture.

We’ve had a centre-right government for, what, eight years now?

1 Like

Waleed during his live cross tonight said he has enjoyed his final trip to America.
Loving Gretal taking on Steve Price a few times tonight in discussions about Trump.

11 Likes

I think Steve Price had some valid points though. Gretel clearly did not laugh at the fact that Trump was president but was only making it clear that he had all but used up all his speeches and questioned what else could he say. Though he is right we shouldn’t be making fun of what he says anymore because he will be accountable for what happens in America.

I also agreed with what he said to the columnist, I think a lot of the media are to blame for him becoming president. They attacked those that supported him too much and perhaps should not have given him so much attention. I found that columnist to quite defensive and bitter towards the result and wanted to attack him from the moment she was on air.

2 Likes

Price had many valid points, as did Gretel. I love watching her tackle the big issues. She knows her stuff and articulates her thoughts exceptionally well.

She’d be perfect for a 930pm talk show.

8 Likes

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/a-current-affair/94/199?u=tv.cynic

So they are trying to turn A Current Affair into the project…

ACA has celebrity interviews from time to time, doesn’t it? However The Project is able to have at least one every weeknight thanks to the hard work of the producers.

Carrie was named TV presenter of the year, at yesterday’s Cosmopolitan Women of the Year Awards at Sydney’s Centennial Park.

EPG for Monday 7.30pm

Trump:First Interview A Project Special
The Project exclusively presents President-elect of the United States of America Donald Trump in his first in-depth interview since the election.

##trump. The First Interview. A Project Special.

Monday 14 November at 7.30pm.

As both a billionaire businessman and a politician, Donald Trump has been interviewed countless times. Now ready to make his debut as President-elect of the United States of America, Trump will sit down with CBS journalist Lesley Stahl for his first in-depth interview since the election.

From 7.30pm this Monday, 14 November, Trump. The First Interview. A Project Special, will exclusively deliver what is sure to be one of the most significant political interviews of the 21st Century, to an Australian audience.

The interview will take place at Trump’s Fifth Avenue home in New York City where Stahl will also speak to members of the Trump family – First Lady-elect Melania, and children Ivanka, Eric and Donald Jr.

1 Like

This is a 60 Minutes interview. Wasn’t there some arrangement in place where Nine still got the 60 Minutes material out of the States or does Ten have veto powers?

And because most of the celebrity interviews on The Project are product placement. They’re pretty much always there to flog a book or a movie.

So Studio 10 covers the election, and The Project “presents” the interview. Whatever happened to Ten Eyewitness News?

15 Likes

I am glad Ten are showing this in primetime and removing other scheduled shows for this. Surprised they got this though. I always thought Nine got the news coverage stuff. I just wonder what it has to do with The Project if it isn’t them interviewing him.

Project unwatchable on a Friday with greenies everywhere.

Hamish is incredibly rude to guest. They just had a Muslim women on who voted Trump, which is obviously his worst nightmare, and he cut her off and kept a frown on his face. Happens all the time. He is not a journalist due to his lack of objectivity. Respect the outcome Hamish. No wonder he isn’t very well liked at Ten.

I completely agree with you

1 Like

Ten onsell 60 Minutes stories to Nine on a case by case basis. Ten are already paying for the content as part of their CBS output deal.

I remember when Ten first got the deal, the 60 Minutes Australia producer said that they weren’t worried about the CBS deal going to Ten as they rarely use stories from the US anymore.

1 Like

You do realise the show is an opinion show. They get paid to sit around a desk, deliver news and comment on it…

Don’t watch it then.

4 Likes

I don’t watch it, but the house I was at had it on, you think I’m going to take over soneobody else’s TV? Lol no…

& if you want to be an opinion show than don’t call yourself a journalist.

Well fair point. When I’m visiting the parents they’ll have ACA on and all i want to do is change the channel.