Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Somehow I don’t think it’s going to be permanent, probably just TEN’s intention to get as many eyeballs on it as possible before it moves into an earlier spot vacated by Masterchef. You can’t blame them for wanting to try, but you can because holding out to show this for nearly a year after it premiered in the US and I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks it won’t be long before its shifted to a different timeslot, eps are doubled up to be burnt off and then season 2 ends up airing over on ELEVEN. It really hasn’t got much chance

1 Like

The promos say “coming to Tuesdays” so I think it will end up at 7.30.

Ten Network challenges wall-to-wall Olympics coverage:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/ten-network-challenges-walltowall-olympics-coverage/news-story/e855d815fa8411361e314e86c8c74b99

Not much we didn’t know mentioned here, other than All Star Family Fued is returning. Survivor looks likely to start after the Olympics based on the article too.

The Big Hits Keep Coming in August.
First-Run Favourites On TEN And WIN Network.

Australian television viewers are set for a huge month on Network Ten in August, with all their favourite early evening shows and big new seasons of proven hits set to hit screens.

TEN is the only primary commercial free-to-air television channel to increase its prime time audience during 2016 and a strong line-up in August will ensure the momentum continues.

The highlights on TEN include the brand new season of the television phenomenon The Bachelor Australia – which returns at 7.30pm on Wednesday 27 July – plus brand new episodes of the hit family entertainment show The Great Australian Spelling Bee (which starts this Sunday at 6.30pm), the acclaimed and beloved local drama Offspring, the Monday night party that is Have You Been Paying Attention? and the TV Week Logie Award winning The Living Room on Friday nights.

Grant Denyer’s All Star Family Feud returns with more laughs and more celebrities, while TEN’s award-winning early evening line-up of TEN Eyewitness News First At Five, Family Feud and The Project with Carrie Bickmore, Waleed Aly and Pete Helliar will continue to run hot during August.

TEN viewers will also be entertained by the hit new US comedy Life In Pieces, which debuts on Tuesday 26 July, blockbuster first-run movies such as Gone Girl, Divergent and The Fault In Our Stars, and the first two matches in the highly anticipated Bledisloe Cup showdown between the Wallabies and the All Blacks (20 August and 27 August).

Network Ten Chief Programming Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “This year our audiences have grown across all platforms.

“The strong line-up of first-run Australian content, first-run movies and some of our most popular US series we have in August will ensure viewers will find plenty to enjoy.”

“Still to come on TEN in 2016 are new seasons of the smash hit series The Bachelorette Australia and Gogglebox, big sporting events such as the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, the must-watch new drama series The Wrong Girl and two of the television milestones of the year – the remarkable two-part event Brock and the spectacular and unmissable Australian Survivor,” she said.

“And in December, Network Ten will bring Australians the summer television sensations – the KFC Big Bash League and the Women’s Big Bash League.”

Network Ten’s ONE and ELEVEN will offer viewers a strong mix of first-run series and fan favourites during August.

ELEVEN’s line-up includes new episodes of the longest-running television drama series in Australia – NeighboursAmerican Gothic, Sleepy Hollow, Bob’s Burgers, Jane The Virgin, The Late Late Show With James Corden (returning in late July), The Grinder and Pokemon.

For August, ONE will feature Undercover Boss UK, Megafactories, Zoo, Rosewood, Man Seeking Woman, MotoGP action from Austria and the Czech Republic, and much more.

2 Likes

Will Ten ask Shailene Woodley to film promos for both Divergent and The Fault in Our Stars, given both of her movies will be shown on the same network?

Are you having a fan boy moment? What does that have to do with anything?

3 Likes

Another instant fail for 6pm. Where do they find this stuff? First Jamie Oliver now Chris Brown travelling around, doing his career a disservice.

Nope. I will keep watching Netflix and Stan. Maybe only watch Life in Pieces.

Surely that is segments from The Living Room.

Yes let’s put on The Simpsons instead!!!

2 Likes

You joke but all of The Simpsons Shitposting groups on Facebook (all have sooo many members in it - most of them from Australia) would smash that promo game and give Ten so much free publicity - especially if Ten ran ‘the golden era’ of the show (seasons 1-10).

2 Likes

And yet I doubt it would translate into ratings

TEN have another cooking show in production by Creative Media Productions (who produce Ben’s Menu) called My Market Kitchen.

My Market Kitchen, a new cooking series celebrating fresh produce and market life, will be filmed on location at Queen Victoria Market and hosted by 2013 MasterChef winner, Emma Dean and runner up Lynton Tapp.

Due to go to air late August apparently.

2 Likes

^ The show was first announced at Queen Victoria Market website on May 27 and filming commenced in June. The studio is located at Victoria Street converted from one of the vacant shops.

2013 was the year they tried to “MKR” the show.

Here’s Lynton, I’d forgotten he was runner up.

Why no more Huey :rage:

I was looking forward to seeing the big guy serve up his spectaculars like:

1. Salt and Lard with Fish and Chips;
  2. Deep fried and oily batter with Beef Stroganoff; and
  3. Saxa Salt with a hint of Gnocchi and a pool of Carbonara sauce!
7 Likes

I never watched that season as i was overseas but those promos are awful.

2 Likes

So cringeworthy.

The promo series was a disaster as far as getting people to watch but it won awards for TV promotion - I think it got 2 silvers associated with being the (second) best campaign.

Victorian Mimi Baines, who made it to the top five of MasterChef Australia and was eliminated in tonight’s episode, is now working as a prep chef for My Market Kitchen, running around the market to gather ingredients for the show.