Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Somehow I don’t think they will ever call the station Triple M 4GR.

The list of stations on the Triple M website will be rather long in a few weeks. It’s nice and short now.

3 Likes

Maybe they won’t list them all on the one page but have a type your postcode in section.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’d imagine that SCA will eventually do a “type in your postcode” section on the Triple M website (and also possibly the Hit Network site) once all the stations are rebranded.

3 Likes

Hit Network already has a search by postcode on http://www.hit.com.au

4 Likes

Been listening to a bit of the “Classic Hits” format on 2MC FM whilst up in Port Macquarie, and yes, it is a nice change from the more contemporary formats elsewhere, but it’s a pretty heavy clash going from Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline” in the daytime to Harvey Danger’s “Flagpole Sitta” at night during “The Greatest Years In Music”.

The best part is that they’ve now got a real point of difference to 2CS FM up the road in Coffs.

I happen to love both of these songs, but you make a good point.

Didn’t think the Classic Hits stations were airing TGYIM since the format shuffle earlier this year? The more you know.

Classic Hits stations also air Taking back the night, the Great Australian Doorstep, The Greatest Hits Party Shuffle on Saturday & the Sunday Barbie.

1 Like

Is TBTN on break or was it dropped, from 10 they’ve had Gold FM announcers until about midnight, have had AV, Nellie plus a few more that I don’t know

What night was this?, Taking back the night only airs Sunday to Thursday nights.

Was during the week wasn’t on KOFM, nor has it been in 2GO in recent weeks

Talking Back The Night was back last night.:slight_smile:

4GR’s antenna was replaced in 2006…

1 Like

Does anyone know where the SCA radio stations record their QLD traffic updates from?

There was a major accident just before 4pm yesterday afternoon that blocked the Douglas Motorway and the major arterial roads in the southern suburbs of Townsville for a few hours yesterday.

I left the area at 5pm to head home and listened to the traffic update on HOT FM which made no mention of any major problems, and drove straight into the area of the accident (when I could have easily taken an alternative route, if I had known) and got stuck for over an hour.
While I was stuck there, I switched over to 4TO FM for the traffic update later on, which again made no mention of anything more than the usual slow areas, no mention of the accident.

Meanwhile, I found that both Google Maps and Apple Maps clearly showed the accident had occurred and clearly highlighted the traffic jam area.

My main point here is, why do SCA even bother airing traffic updates if they don’t provide any useful information at all. It seems odd that the radio stations didn’t even mention anything, when even Google and Apple Maps had info provided.

2 Likes

The Canberra, Central Coast, Wollongong, Lithgow and Nowra/Southern Highlands traffic is mostly done from Sydney going by what I’ve heard. No doubt other regional areas also get traffic from the capital cities rather than locally.

I used Waze on my Android headunit to know where the traffic problems are.

1 Like

All NSW regional stations are done from traffic network at Bankstown. I dare say QLD is done from. Brisbane

@NQCQTV2 Who does the traffic announcements? Dave, Jase and/or Chris? If so that comes out of ATN in Brisbane at I think Rothwell airstrip

Not sure who it is, but it wouldn’t be either of them, as it’s a woman’s voice.

They’d rely on people calling them and off live traffic update website, most of them are recorded earlier anyway.