Seven v Nine News Ratings Comparisons

Also we have ACA, but what are we comparing it to? - might be worth putting the Project 7pm numbers in?

I agree :slight_smile: We should see The Project V Home and Away V ACA as well.

Would be very interesting in each market & week.

NB/ ACA appears to be catching up to Today Tonight in Adelaide…

I would much rather stick to a straight comparison of 2 news bulletins that are both shown at 6pm and vie for the title of number one news in each market plus nationally. I don’t think that adding other programs whether it is Family Feud or ABC News gives any extra insight into that discussion. The ratings for all the other shows suggested are already ranked and listed each week including for each market under the weekly ratings topic.

1 Like

A now for a somewhat different view of the news - the weekend results (averages for first 20 weeks).

3 Likes

Just saw an updated Seven News Rio promo and it concluded with the end tag: Australia’s number one. Seems they’ve already declared themselves the winner now

2 Likes

###Week 29 - Preliminary

Colours indicate change from previous week - green is increase or no change, red is a decrease.

Weeks won - Ratings

Weeks won - Year

…and with that, Seven News Adelaide/Perth and Nine News Sydney have won the 2016 ratings year!

The attention now turns to Melbourne, will Nine News win the year in that city next week?

And the way 7News Brisbane is going, they may claim No 1 by year’s end!
The Chase won the week over Hot Seat in Brissie-is that the first time?

2 Likes

I think Seven will be very happy taking back Brisbane, and making gains in Melbourne.

1 Like

Well, Seven News were able to win 1 week in Melbourne (both 6pm & overall).

Melbourne also had the most increases across the week (all but ACA) & most viewers (individual + cumulative).

NB/
Seven News will also be happy they’ve seen gradual small increases in Melbourne & Sydney over the past year, whilst Nine News has seen small declines over the past year…

1 Like

###Week 30 - Final

Colours indicate change from previous week - green is increase or no change, red is a decrease.

Weeks won - Ratings

Weeks won - Year

Significant drop for ACA this week as The Project posts its biggest 7pm audience of the year.

1 Like

As of this week, Nine News Melbourne has taken out 2016 so far winning 21 weeks against Seven’s 1.

While there’s a clear winner in the other four cities, the focus of attention now turns to Brisbane. Will Seven News Brisbane win it’s first ratings year since 2012 (I believe) or can Nine reclaim lost ground? Only time will tell…

2 Likes

Well done to Nine News in Melbourne & Sydney… Albeit with a less margin that this time last year.

Seven News remains #1 overall.

1 Like

Nine News winning in Melbourne and Sydney has more to do with the content rather than the lead-in (The Chase beat Hot Seat on most days this year so far). This is something the news editors for Seven in both cities must seriously think about.

1 Like

I agree.

It must also be said that Nine News has a stronger presenting and reporting team than what Seven has, although perhaps moreso in Sydney than Melbourne.

1 Like

Information from Seven:

1 Like

Is it possible for someone clever and with all the info to do a sunrise/today | TMS/extra comparison by city across the weeks so far? Probably a lot of work but it’d be interesting :slight_smile:

1 Like

###Week 31 - Preliminary

Weeks won - Ratings

Weeks won - Year

1 Like

Strong figures for News & Current Affairs in Melbourne (2nd time in 3 weeks)…

Been wondering all year why Nine News Sydney’s numbers have been lower than last year , where it was pulling over 300k regularly & even 400k at times?

Perhaps it’s due to The Chase Australia lead-in? Or the fact that Seven News has been (albeit, very slowly) refreshing it’s On-Air Presentation while Nine has mostly left things exactly the same for quite some time now?