Seven Tennis Coverage

BeIN is also showing the ASB Masters and the WTA Shenzen Open

What’s with jason Richardson hosting the tennis coverage…Surely someone like Todd Woodbridge is better known then the Unknown Richardson…

How do you become known? By building your profile on lower profile events like this.

4 Likes

well he hosted Rio last year

There’s about a 45-second delay on the 7Tennis (full HD) stream compared to what’s currently showing on Prime7 Canberra (SD); quite a lot, more than I would’ve guessed there’d be.

Guessing it may be a deal with racing.com to provide a cheap voice whilst it’s a quieter part of the year in Victorian racing.

1 Like

Saw a bit of Fast4 tennis on Seven earlier, and I notice Tennis Australia (which provides the feed) is using the same type of virtual graphics as shown on Nine’s cricket coverage this summer.

Think Richardson is actually part of Seven Sport instead of Seven needing to ‘borrow’ him from Racing.com - he hosts all of 7Two’s Saturday afternoon horse racing broadcasts + was part of the main team during the Spring Carnival

1 Like

Didn’t Bruce host fast 4 tennis last year
The network must have big plans for Basil one would think
On a side issue basil’s wife announced on Twitter they are expecting there third child in July, Basil might be hoping for a son as he has 2 daughters already

Here’s hoping Seven updates their graphics for the main event next week. There’s zero reason that you should be condensing players names down to three letters in the scorebox when ESPN and the like can have a surname and country in their graphic.

I believe Sevens graphics do show the whole players surname. Lead up events are using Tennis Australia graphics feed rather than 7’s own.

4 Likes

I hear Mel M. doing the voice-over on 7Two tonight. Haven’t heard her doing tennis before. I wondered what Seven would do with her after Rio.

Make her read from an autocue 5 nights a week.

I see. I don’t keep up with news personalities.

she struggles with that task too. I think Mel has a brain like mine, it thinks ahead and doesn’t stay on track. Autocues can be real pains when you just have that issue

1 Like

LMAO

3 Likes

Has there been any press kit for the Aus Open @TV.Cynic?

I presume based off the Rio Olympics that Mel McLaughlin would be a host?

Nada from Seven so far.

2 Likes

@LukeMovieMan Jim Wilson has tweeted he is looking forward to working on Australian Open,so most likely hosting sometime during day sessions again this year.

3 Likes

Seven is partnering with Twitter Amplify platform to provide live and exclusive video highlights from this year’s Australian Open on the 7Tennis account. According to Twitter, the clips will include a pre-roll ad from sponsors including ANZ, Kia, Campari, Gold Coast Commonwealth Games Organising Committee, TAL Insurance and William Hill.

1 Like