Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Seven Perth must be in scrambles after they dedicated today to showing various places in Perth to celebrate Australia Day. :confused: I did hit record as I left, so it’s good I guess for archive purposes. I wonder if they’ll reschedule them…

2 Likes

If you recorded it, you probably captured the mistake that happened at the end of the live cross with Rick. Toward the end, they switched to double boxes with Sue in the studio and Rick at Kings Park. Then Sue’s camera suddenly moved in preparation for an OTS graphic, hiding half of her face. All was ok after they took her camera full screen with the OTS. (they really should’ve programmed the camera to pan nicely after they dismissed the boxes, but oh well).

1 Like

Something similar happened with OTS graphic with Narelda on Ten Eyewitness News Perth, where when they crossed to the Swan River, and when Narelda was quickly recapping the live update, it quickly went back to Narelda in the studio and she then said, “Ok we’ll skip that”, but the camera was moved before the update, and the OTS graphic was on top of her, so they had to slowly move the camera back, so it was in the right position again.

Yea, they are quite rough when moving back to correct a misplaced OTS graphic.

7 News with a special update at 8.30pm

1 Like

and there is the difference between automated cameras and manual operation…

The latest round of promos, yes, have been extremely well produced. I would only add “Another reason why Sydney is making the switch to 7 News” instead of “Another reason Seven News is Australia’s number 1” at the end.

Maybe in some markets but I don’t think nationally.

I spotted a different 7 News Adelaide endboard today with the local team of presenters and reporters (including some Today Tonight reporters) standing behind Jane and John.

14 Likes

I wish Seven Perth made polished ads like that again.

Out of all the Seven News bulletins the most polished bulletin is definitely Adelaide (when compared to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth).

Seven News Gold Coast returned tonight with Bianca Stone reading

5 Likes

Wow I forgot how bad the giant iron set was. Sydney is still not great but it’s a big improvement on this.

1 Like

Seven News Queensland Afternoon was back today

5 Likes

Since Nine gained ownership of NWS in 2013, it’s news bulletins have been increasing in quality and viewership (not hard considering it was previously owned by WIN). Seven wants to maintain SAS’ dominance in the Adelaide news market.

3 Likes

Seven News is only 30 minutes this weekend due to the Tennis.

2 Likes

The Mark Ferguson Promo Endtag for Seven News Sydney has been updated for 2017, with slightly different graphics & new footage:

The rest of the promo is basically the exact same Mark Ferguson promo (including a shot from before the minor desk tweak around August!) that’s been airing for a while now.

4 Likes

you know you’re losing when you have to refer to the whole country for your alleged #1 newsreader, instead of the city he’s presenting in

9 Likes

Can somebody at Seven please remind whoever is supposed to upload bulletins to 7PLUS to please do their job? ABC, SBS, Nine and Ten don’t seem to have any trouble at all getting their bulletins up every single night and yet Seven is hit-and-miss with theirs and seems to have decided to not bother at all in recent months.

5 Likes

Yeah I have also noticed this. Most of the time I can only find Sydney and Adelaide… and that’s if they are uploaded.

2 Likes

Seven’s 4.30 Live from Perth is back after the long break.

2 Likes

Because I’m sure you’ve all been waiting patiently to see it, an example of Sydney’s new “Mark Ferguson” Promo/Update Endtag for 2017 in full motion:

2 Likes