Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I agree. Really by the time 7 News cut away from the press conference I knew all I needed to know - it was a good bite size informative breakaway from the tennis. It was not like there was a big scandal that has been uncovered. Given the basic headline (“Premier resigns”) says all it needs there was little need for huge rolling coverage.

6 Likes

Do you mean the blocky wall just to the right of Angie, before the blue of the Sunrise set? If so, it’s just the Sunrise news background, and probably serves both of those purposes, blocking the exit and decoration. Would probably look disjointed if there was just a gap between the two sets.

Second image from MLVD.

5 Likes

It’s taken 6 years, but FINALLY the 7NEWS social media promo before the Weather has been updated!
Uses the globe from national use as the background.

1 Like

I have to say I think Seven did a better job in Sydney covering the resignation of Mike Baird. The Seven newsroom’s proximity to Macquarie Street certainly comes in handy during times when state politics is making headlines. Musher did an excellent job interviewing Baird at the news desk tonight.

4 Likes

Not to mention the fact that Seven shares their building with the State Government’s executive offices. The Premier’s office and Seven’s newsroom are literally a lift ride away from each other.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Seven News (Regional Qld)

Brisbane news transition

4 Likes

During the Inauguration break, Seven News Perth has debuted a new promo for longtime reporter Geoff Parry, outlining his 30 years experience showing various vision from past years. Looks very polished, they also made him do his trademark “Ssssseven News” catchphrase! Seven should do the same for Rick and Sue, but I’m sure a new promo will be aired about being them being the longest serving News duo when they beat the world record soon.

6 Likes

Don’t know if anyone noticed but tonight in Sydney during the closing set sweep, the set lights dimmed to almost off - first time doing this I’m pretty sure. Suppose Seven are trying to get the most out of their set now that Nine have launched their swish new set in Sydney :wink:

Caps from Saturday night in Sydney

12 Likes

Disappointing figures for Seven News over Summer. What happened?

1 Like

A mix of many things I imagine. Cricket lead in stronger and more reliable than tennis. Generally less viewers over summer and those that do watch are more loyal to a network. Not liking presenters. Who knows but will be cause for reflection.

2 Likes

Is Seven News still 30 minutes or 60 minutes on weekends for Adelaide and Perth?

It’s an hour in Adelaide.

1 Like

1 hour in Perth

1 Like

7NEWS Melbourne Live from Fed Squre for the vidgule for the Bourke Street incident tonight from 6PM

3 Likes

I’m really enjoying the way in which the Seven News Sydney team are utilising the set. The interviews with Mike Baird, Mark Riley and Gladys Berijiklian over the last week have been very good, I hope we see many more in the future - Michael Usher knows how to ask the hard questions. I say its time that Mark Ferguson gets shifted over to the weekend bulletin.

8 Likes

Melbourne has now gone back to Jen in the studio for the rest of the days news.

1 Like

Special backdrop in Melbourne tonight -

6 Likes

As noted in the Nine News thread re a promo for the Gold Coast’s only 5.30pm news bulletin, Seven News GC is MIA at the moment due to tennis coverage. Returns on Friday.

Bad decision IMO. Given that on the Gold Coast, Seven local news is only seen on the SD channel with 7HD carrying the Brisbane signal, that could have continued during the tennis.