Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Since it’s getting close to Trump’s historic inauguration, did 7 or any other network broadcast Obama’s inauguration in 2009 or 2013?

Did Seven News make any mention of Seven CEO Tim Worner’s alleged illicit affair with a junior staffer? It’s all over the newspapers…

I know Sunrise covered it for 7. I remember Nat and Angela Cox there…

1 Like

And I am seem recall Karl Stefanovic and Robert Penfold for Nine.

Well since Trump has been such a massive social talking point, surely they will have comprehensive coverage this year, although with time differences, this year’s will be on a Saturday

Coverage on ABC 24 is at 3.00 am AEDT

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/abc-news-24/224/98?u=tv.cynic

2009 was covered live by at the very least ABC, 7 and 9.

1 Like

Where’d the Tim Worner storey end up in Seven News’ schedule? I presume a controversy involving one of Australia’s most prominent businesspeople was pretty high up the order?

1 Like

I thought Mel was there…

1 Like

@spw68 Mel was in Washington when Obama was sworn in for his second term in January 2013.

1 Like

I thought I had a recollection of a clip of her standing as he passed by behind, that was used in their 2010 relaunch to “If This Is It”…but maybe that was Ange Cox

No it was Rahni Sadler

I think that was Rahni Sadler.

1 Like

New promo running for Jane Bunn here in Melbourne. Uses the new “3D super style” as the Sydney promos. End animation hasn’t changed though.

I swear she gets more promotion than their service as a whole.

4 Likes

Seven News absolutely did show the Inauguration coverage of Obama. I can’t confirm the year but it certainly aired.

I remember watching it in the evening. It was hosted by Ian Ross. I remember heading to work in Mascot the day later and talking about Roscoe’s presentation.

So absolutely yes, Seven did air that.

2 Likes

Well I cannot wait for Trump’s, it’ll be controversial

Roscoe never did national while doing the Sydney News.
It was hosted by Mel and Larry in Sydney, and by Nat and Mike Amor in Washington.

2 Likes

You’re wrong. I didn’t say Roscoe did the nation presentation. He did host a Seven News bulletin that was titled ‘The Inauguration of Barack Obama’ that’s what I’m referring to. That aired in Sydney and I watched it in Sydney

So he hosted the Sydney news which featured a story on it?
Well yes he would have, be in regards to coverage of the inauguration (at like 4am) so he wasn’t part of it.

1 Like

‘‘The Inauguration of Barack Obama, a special edition of Seven News, with Ian Ross’’

That was exactly the opening titled of the coverage. I remember it very well.

I’m sure it was the 6pm bulleting I am referring to but it had a whole special opener and different title card specific to the inauguration.