Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

…or maybe for whatever reason, the national backdrop(s) aren’t working today so they’re using the Sydney backdrop(s) instead?

I’m sure everyone who lives outside of Sydney will strongly disagree but personally, I actually wouldn’t mind seeing Seven regularly using the liveshot of Sydney on all their national bulletins. We all know that Seven (all networks really, but that’s beside the point) have their national news operations based in Sydney and it’s not as if the animated loop they usually use on national bulletins is anything amazing, so why not?!

5 Likes

If they ever go for a Sydney backdrop, they should do a Martin Place backdrop, and leave the Sydney backdrop for the Sydney News. Their current animated loop is horrendous if any word…

5 Likes

Because there is more to Australian than just Sydney, regardless of whether the main broadcast facilities are.

11 Likes

Ahhhh because roughly 18 million Australians live outside of Sydney. Idk about any others but to me, it would feel like the other seven cities are second rate and aren’t getting the same ‘treatment’ and ‘respect’. It would be a massive joke if that ever were to happen.

One could argue ‘it’s just a background’ but it’s more symbolic of that. In saying that, if like Sunrise, the Seven News set was right in front of a window then that would be fine. It would be stupid to spend money on displays when they have scenery there.

10 Likes

@SydneyCityTV yes us guys here who have a keen interest in the media know national bulletins come from Sydney studios ,but the average viewer wouldn’t know that.
It would just confuse some viewers in other states having the Sydney backdrop into thinking oh why are getting Sydney news tonight.
Obviously you wouldn’t mind Mr Sydney!:neutral_face:

6 Likes

Yet another current promo from Sydney:

…and because I don’t think it’s been posted yet, Sydney’s version of the “Award Winning Coverage” promo which was recorded a bit earlier:

6 Likes

From what I understand, Seven Perth’s studio is slightly larger than Nines.

As RadioHead points out, virtual sets are cheaper and more flexible than an actual set.
Nine Perth can’t fit anything else into their studio as it is filled up by the news set.
Back in 2015, Seven Perth were able to do ‘The Footy Fix’ from their new studio without any issues.

2 Likes

I hate how Seven chop and change their opener VO’s. This morning for the Early News they had the “Live from our Sydney Headquarters, this is Seven News” VO with the American voice and then “with Edwina Bartholomew” in the Aussie guys voice. Sounded terrible!
Why not just get one guy to VO all the news openers, then get him to record the names of all regular presenters?

2 Likes

Although they should have “This is Seven News Early Edition with Edwina Bartholomew” in the archives, I doubt they would have any other with Bartholomew as she rarely presents a news bulletin.

"It takes years of experience to earn your place in the number 1 newsroom in the country with Mark Ferguson…"

LOL

4 Likes

The one and only, thank goodness.

1 Like

7 Melb have been running a “summer of tennis” News promo since last week. It also now uses the “Australia No 1” text in that glassy effect over the skyline.
Looks alright.

1 Like

Stay classy, Seven News

11 Likes

I wonder how long they had to wait while a camera and mic was dispatched.

2 Likes

Technical Difficulties tonight between Seven News Regional and Seven News Brisbane bulletins along with Seven News Brisbane’s plasma going black:

2 Likes

New Look for breaking news on 7 News Sydney tonight with a breaking news backdrop, the sides plasmas as well as the set turning red. Looked very very good. Good to see 7 using the set to more and more. One of the best news sets in the country. Great work. Hope someone has caps and/or a clip of it.

8 Likes

As usual, it’s always worth checking social media for the clips Seven upload there:
https://twitter.com/7NewsSydney/status/821253246614315009

To me, looks like Seven are trying to get in with that sort of thing before Nine News Sydney does with their new set.

5 Likes

Pretty average to be honest. All they have done is plaster the full screen transition across all the other screens.

I remember when they installed this new Martin place set and Pell said "it’s the most technological set we’ve ever had"
So I don’t see why it’s hard to be able to program all the set lighting to change to red on screen. They manage to have figured out how to do it during Sunrise recently…
I feel it’s too late, 9 will hit them out of the park in terms of set and presentation unfortunately…
Once again playing catchup and not innovative… :frowning2:

11 Likes

Wait, what? Seven News Sydney set turned red, like the hue it is suppose to be! :wink:

Exactly what I immediately thought and as always Nine do it better.

7 Likes

Personally I thought it looked quite good, particularly the opener which featured more.
It is good to see they are using the set more, because it is a great set.

But, in saying that, I would love to know 1 person, that doesn’t have a media spy account, that chooses the network they choose for news based on the set. :wink:

5 Likes