Nine (WIN)

I’ll be recording the SCA/Nine switchover…

3 Likes

got them programmed :slight_smile: right through taping the program before it and letting tape making sure i dont miss it and taping the program after glad PVRs can record 2 channels :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

I’m planning to record LCN 50 to get the changeover from ONE to 9HD, I’m also gonna record LCN 5 to get the SC10 to NINE changover recorded as well.

Still a lot of TBA’s in WINs schedule from Friday, the most significant being from 4:30am to 8:00am on Sunday when TEN air religious based programming.

Personally, as someone non-religious I’m glad that WIN don’t seem interested in airing these programs on their channel, but it’ll be interesting to see what they end up filling the schedule with… anyone for a 3.5 hour long Alive and Cooking marathon? :joy:

3 Likes

Sort of a local station ID for WIN on the Sunshine Coast

4 Likes

Why not just record the entire transport stream? Then you can get all of the channels simultaneously.

I myself might be recording the WIN and/or SC switchovers from the Knights Hill (Wollongong) transmitter.

WIN passing the complaints on to SCA.

8 Likes

Sassy as fuck.

4 Likes

[quote=“Nicholas, post:1831, topic:55, full:true”]
So many promos for Eyewitness News.
Why are TEN not capable for producing promos for their station?[/quote]I think we all know the answer to this. :wink:

WIN sure know how to confuse their Tasmanian viewers as I caught a Ten News 5pm promo tonight.

This despite it not airing due to the different schedule of WIN News airing earlier at 5.30pm

6 Likes

Personally I have no idea how to do that and don’t have the equipment.

WIN then aired these some 10 minutes later. Hmmm. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

It will be interesting to see how your PVR deal with the switch on LCN 50 - the switch from MPEG2 to MPEG4 will mean a change in PID which could require a rescan and therefore stop your recording… but it will be interesting to see exactly what happens.

The switch on LCN 5 should be smooth sailing though.

1 Like

[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:1771, topic:55, full:true”]

The schedule I posted is based on the schedule for the Eastern states (minus Tasmania), but it applies in all WIN areas, as WINs schedule is consistent across Australia.

The only regional differences, are SA and WA (as well as Mildura, VIC and Mackay, QLD) where WIN News don’t air a local bulletin. In those areas Family Feud airs at 6pm weeknights on WIN, as per TEN Metro.

There is also a difference in Tasmania, where the schedule for weeknights is:
17.00: Family Feud
17.30: WIN News
18.30: The Project.

WIN News also airs 17.30 - 18.00 in Tasmania on weekends, but the programming for the 17.00 timeslot has not yet been announced.[/quote]I’ve read an advanced guide that indicates Family Feud (a rpt) at 5pm for weekends also, followed by WIN News at 5.30pm. At least they’re going to be consistent every night with the lead-in for the news.

2 Likes

Foxtel guide for Central West NSW has Home Shopping for 2:30am to 6am. That’s a lot of infomercials :money_mouth_face:

They’ll chuck in a couple of Crawfords at some stage, surely.

That’s one thing I’ve always liked about WIN - bugger all infomercials. All good things must come to an end.

6 Likes

They’ll need all the cash they can get once the affiliation with Ten begins. :yum:

8 Likes

Ha ha ha ain’t that the truth :joy: They can repeat Alive and Cooking that’s a good WIN show.

[quote=“ando9185, post:1828, topic:55, full:true”]Just saw one of these on WIN Tas for One on 81 from July 1st[/quote]

In-program pop-up for Offspring.

5 Likes

Given that ONE is MPEG2, and 9HD is MPEG4, will that work?

I’m guessing TVs will need a rescan for 9HD?

2 Likes

My parents never watch Ch 10 so probably will lose a viewer from Win News unless they don’t care it is on WIN Ten…

Also I assume tv’s will handle the change and we don’t have to retune ?