Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Certainly. The best thing for both 9 News Adelaide and Perth weeknights is stability and somewhat everlasting. I wasn’t suggesting that Brenton and Kate should be removed from weeknights, only that they should be building their weekend team. Obviously, Nine News Adelaide isn’t going to win until Riddell and Doyle leave the weeknight team so I thought maybe the way to go was for Nine News Adelaide to strengthen the weekend team (from what I have seen Seven’s isn’t outstanding) and try to win the occasion weekend and build on trust etc.

Because at 72 he’s probably happy rocking up at 3 and being gone by 6, and having the weekends to spend doing weekendy things.

3 Likes

I’d swap Wendy Kingston and Alison Ariotti. Put Wendy on Nine News Queensland weekends solo, and Alison with Bruce Paige on GC News. Darren Curtis (who really isn’t cut out for newsreading) can go back to reporting, maybe replace Bruce once he retires on GC News.

I would put Bruce Paige on weekends, to rival Kay McGrath. The Gold Coast Bureau actually has some really talented presenters/reporters, and I think either Wendy or Carrie-Ann Greenbank would be more than capable to anchor the local bulletin solo. Both Alison and Darren should not be allowed to present a bulletin.

Monday (7.11.16)- Friday (11.11.16): Tim Davies is presenting the Early News this week.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nine News Regional

9 News website have a story of Eva Millic in fits of laughter re. viral video of a woman at a baseball? game dancing energetically.

The article closes with the line, “Viewers commented they loved watching Milic’s gaffe, and some even said it was one of the funniest moments on TV this year.”

Those viewers have not viewed many funny moments of TV this year in that case.

4 Likes

Peter Stefanovic presenting Friday Afternoon News,Deb Knight presented the Morning News.

1 Like

Darren Curtis is back from holidays…

5 Likes

God help Queensland.

2 Likes

If you ask me, Nine News Queensland really should swap the roles of Eva Milic and Alison Ariotti around while Darren Curtis should probably just stick to reporting.

Although the chances of Nine News Queensland beating Seven News Queensland in the ratings on weekends are probably very slim to none until Kay McGrath retires anyway.

4 Likes

Corey Norris is presenting sport in Melbourne this weekend.

1 Like

Kate Collins presented Adelaide’s Nine News tonight.

1 Like

And Brenton Ragless this Sunday. I have noticed that Nine News Adelaide have been doing better over the past few weekends with the main anchors presenting.

1 Like

I find the main anchors in Adelaide great! Will McDonald is OK (to what i’ve seen) pretty much gets to the point. Kate & Brenton get on and banter more then we get with Mark Ferguson in Sydney! Anyway I’m getting off topic now. :slight_smile:

I find them okay (Kate’s reading style is actually similar to that of Wendy Kingston IMO). Will McDonald isn’t the best either and is probably suited to daytime reading not the flagship bulletin.

Here is Adelaide’s Local Afternoon News with the updated graphics and the new backdrop:

1 Like

But Jane and John over on Seven is Greater!

1 Like

Casey Lawrence presented Monday - Wednesday Early News .

1 Like