Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I stand corrected. My mistake.

NBN needs to follow suit and change the NBN Television Facebook page to NBN News - and launch 6 local NBN News Facebook pages - (like & QLD, Prime7 and WIN do) the current one is market wide and is Newcastle news dominate.d

I’m surprised 9 News has never had a local pages. Seven Melbourne has gained a lot of traction and viewership through its local facebook page.

1 Like
10 Likes

I’m loving these behind the scenes videos with Peter. He’s got Facebook, YouTube, a website and more only very recently. A bigger attempt to engage viewers, and he’s so charming and friendly how could you resist!

11 Likes

He added me on snapchat! Top bloke

2 Likes

[quote=“BJT2, post:29, topic:230”]
‘ABC News Breakfast’ moves into its new studio, towards the end of the year (or early 2017), Im predicting we’ll see a new set and look. Larger, more versatile, with an open viewing platform for the public to view.
[/quote] This reminded me that in August, Nine News Perth is relocating to their new studios in the CBD. I really hope that the view isn’t wasted like it was when Nine News Adelaide moved. Defeats the purpose. They could at least have Today Perth News uses shots of the CBD for the new look.

1 Like

It’ll be hard to get CBD Shots as they’re on the same street as the skyscrapers, so they’ll just be using a plasma most likely

4 Likes

Recent Nine budget graphics

2 Likes

[quote=“Read_It_First, post:273, topic:148, full:true”]
Following announcement that Rod Young will be fronting the GC news for 7 I can confirm a major announcement is around the corner for Nine Gold Coast News. Nine aren’t about to take this sitting down. Set, graphics and MORE apart of nine announcement.
[/quote] Thanks for the insight. But surely Nine GC would have been aware of this. Maybe not the Rod Young announcement (shocked everyone) but the only thing Seven thought they could have on Nine was to go 7 days… I suppose the set will be after 7GCNews launches and I expect it to be much bigger than the current one…

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:274, topic:148”]
The mention of set and graphics…should we expect some changes in other markets or just the Gold Coast? Either way, it’s excellent to know that Nine are not planning to become complacent in the face of new competition!
[/quote] You would think changes across the board are due BUT a few years ago 9GCNews had different sets and graphics to the national graphics…

Desperately needs a new set. Aren’t the GFX already the same as the other 9 stations?

The structure and content is pretty bad from what I have seen. It feels like a regional bulletin pre taped a few hours before. Nothing about it feels live, urgent, immediate. It feels very slow and magazine like - like a pre-record.
They need a new EP and someone who knows how to produce a more dynamic bulletin.
It feels a bit hokey and small town to me.

2 Likes

Doesn’t the now GC based Wendy Kingston need a job to go back to after maternity leave?..

Yeah, I’m well aware that Nine Gold Coast News (that’s another thing, why do they still use that brand rather than Nine News Gold Coast?) has previously had a different look to the metropolitan/national Nine News especially in the first decade or so of it’s life. But I think that the Gold Coast has mainly followed Nine News’ looks (although it took ages to dump the 2008 revision of the 2006 look!) in recent years? Correct me if I’m wrong.

Anyway, I guess it’s a case of wait and see.

There used to be the addition of “GOLD COAST” underneath/on top of the Nine News logo on elements like the supers and watermark in previous packages but for the most part, Nine’s Gold Coast News had followed the standard Nine News look graphically for a while now. Theme music is still Nine’s pre-2006 version apart from the Opener, admittedly I’m surprised they haven’t bothered to fix that!

Personally, I hope there’s going to be a refresh of Nine News in all markets. But I could probably understand if they wanted to go for a unique look for Nine Gold Coast News again especially since the On-Air Presentation of both Nine and NBN News (remember, the Gold Coast has access to both) are virtually identical at the moment and it would probably be in the best interest to have a unique look from the network package for at least one of those Gold Coast news services.

1 Like

Why do Nine still bother with having different streams for Nine and NBN on the Gold Coast? Since they own both stations it would be simpler for them both to be the same, requiring less playout channels, removing the double up of local news, making it simpler for viewers and being able to offer advertisers access to all viewers of NINE content at the same time.
It would just be a matter of running the 8 and 9 LCN groups as copies of one another.

5 Likes

The problem being 2 fold:

(1) That Nine can’t put everything it wants on the one LCN… Gold Coast ads HAVE to be on NBN (QTQ aren’t allowed to split their signal from Bris for ads, only local news), and NBN wouldn’t like being told to take a Local bulletin and QTQ News - they have always done it their own way. Nine could probably force them to do this under current ownership though.

(2) That unless Prime 7/7 and SC Ten/10 Bris do the same in each running the 1 version of 7 and 10, then Nine wouldn’t agree to just running the 1 channel on the Gold Coast.

1 Like

Well in that case, run QTQ on 9 as an exact copy of 9 Brisbane and make NBN on 8 9 Gold Coast.
They can do whatever they want with NBN since they own it 100% and it shares a GM with QTQ anyway. NBN has no local relevance to the Gold Coast anyway. It seems stupid running different local news content on 9 Gold Coast and NBN.

5 Likes

I agree about NBN having no relevance to the GC and the 2 different approaches to GC local news by the same network.

4 Likes

Typo, should be Cheika not Reika.

2 Likes

A new TCN-9 stop and check graphic spotted on the feeds:

Sorry about the break-up – bad signal.

7 Likes

Looks like they’ve used a snapshot from the Nine News Sydney liveshot (which I believe is located around Milsons Point) for that “Stop and Check” graphic. Interesting how there’s no Nine News/Nine Network branding either.

2 Likes

The style looks similar to the NWS9 one. Here’s a video of it:

4 Likes