Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

Yes it was. But wasn’t against it until the end of its run. Nine aired Reno Rumble at the conclusion of My Kitchen Rules. This led to Ten building momentum and taking a lot of the younger viewers away from nine.

The Blind Auditions for the Voice don’t normally air once a week - they normally air at least twice a week and these are the strongest part of the show. The rest of the show viewers couldn’t care less about.

I personally can’t see the voice recording very high figures. I am thinking 1.2-1.5 for the blinds and under 1 mill for the other shows. I think nine has done a LOT of damage to their brand this year.

Considering MasterChef and The Voice (blind auditions) ratings during 2015, I’d say House Rules will be the one in trouble.

These days as we know, you never have 3 top-rating shows at once

You mean 1.3m of them :wink:

I’m not so sure. The promos have been good and some of the contestants seem very entertaining. :grinning:

Well that is impossible considering only 3 seasons ago it was getting as low as what 600-800k? So 500k are obviously not that loyal…

Last time these 3 went head to head to head it was Masterchef that took the hit… Not saying the same thing will happen but I wouldn’t be too sure House Rules will be the lower one.

All I am saying is, we know MasterChef, The Voice & House Rules aren’t all going to pull 1m+ audiences.

So it seems logical, that the weaker brand of House Rules would suffer more. But it’s Seven, it’ll probably still pull around 700k?

I highly doubt (until I see the fugures over a couple of weeks), that MasterChef would return to it’s 2012-2013 decline again, especially seeing how successful last year was :slight_smile:

But what makes you think house rules is the weaker? Last year it suffered but that doesnt neccessarily mean it will suffer again thid year. As i said last time these 3 were up against one another masterchef suffered. You will just have to wait until the beginning of ratings period. I actually think Masterchef will win demos house rules will win totoal people and the voice will decline.

1 Like

Nine will have to have some other programming in addition to The Voice to go up against 7 and 10 for the period due to the comparatively small number of episodes.

Number of episodes last year (incl final/s)

The Voice = 19
House Rules = 38
MassterChef = 53

Update: For 2014 the numbers were
The Voice = 23
House Rules = 38
MassterChef = 53

2 Likes

Movie is out of next Sunday’s schedule. Replaced by

09:15 PM PRESIDENT TRUMP: CAN HE REALLY WIN?
Donald trump has emerged as the clear front runner for the republican presidential nomination. Matt Frei investigates whether ‘the Donald’ could make it all the way to the White House.

And ironically :grimacing:
10:20 PM WORLD’S TOUGHEST PRISONS
Normally you have to be a war criminal, gangland executioner, rapist or psychopath to secure a room in one of the worlds toughest prisons. Paul Connolly is none of the above but he heads to Honduras to spend a week living inside Danli Prison.

11:20 PM MAJOR CRIMES S3 Ep 6

1 Like

:anguished: The schedule just gets worse and worse.

Personally I’d like to see a merger of those two programs. President Trump in the Worlds Toughest Prison! :stuck_out_tongue:

But aside from that, what is with all this odd programing from Nine lately? :confused:

A consequence of not having the WB output deal. Previously these slots would have featured primarily US drama like Gotham, Forever, Stalker, Person of Interest and even Arrow. These reality-type shows must come pretty cheaply I imagine. No more late night 2 Broke Girls or Mom either :smirk:

2 Likes

We’re only in the first quarter and we’re seeing all this junk filler in the schedule.

So you either think MasterChef won’t pull 1m to 1.3m again (i.e.) decline (with House Rules pulling those figures)?

Or you think House Rules & MasterChef will both be 1m+?

Considering Ten’s ratings growth trend and MasterChef’s popularity/success (i.e.) ratings growth as well + everyone saying how fantastic last season was produced… I doubt it’ll decline :slight_smile:

It’s had a great advertising campaign too.

But yes (as always) I do understand House Rules has MKR as a promotion tool, etc

This isnt the place to predict ratings. I just dont think it will be like last year like you think. A lot changes in 12 months and its a completely different lineup for all networks.

Ten probably have the strongest 8:30 lineup so if Masterchef did decline their shares should be strong due to their 8:30 lineup.

So do you think house rules hasnt had as good a campaign as masterchef? Because ive seen a lot more promotion for house rules than masterchef…

I agree. Let’s move this discussion to the appropriate thread since it has little to do with Nine programming.

2 Likes

Another change to this Sunday’s schedule. Both Donald Trump documentary and World’s Toughest Prisons have been dropped. Instead Nine will repeat the Beaconsfield telemovie at 9.15pm, following 60 Minutes’ exclusive interview with Todd Russell and Brant Webb, ahead of the 10th anniversary of the mine collapse which happened on Anzac Day 2006.

So they’ve changed the schedule twice within a week? WTF? Talk about scrambling.

Wasn’t the Beaconsfield story a two part mini series originally? Will they show the second part next week or have they heavily edited it into a movie?

Ninemsn TV guide shows Beaconsfield telemovie will air from 9.15pm to 11.40pm. The DVD indicates running time of 111 minutes without ads, so I think it is a single episode.