New Zealand TV

Any relation to Mr Murdoch? We know him and his papers are no fans of public broadcasting in Australia.

I think it might be at 6 as the news is called 1 news at 6 according to the epg

1 Like

NaruTVMock has uploaded two montage videos of the 1 & 2 Rebrands.

2 Likes

20/20 debuted last night on TVNZ1 with former 3 News presenter Carolyn Robinson. The content used is from the US version of the show.

1 Like

I see The X Factor Australia airs it’s Newest Season Tonight on TV3 and on Monday it’s Part 1 of the Mini Series Brock.

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/newshub/665/187?u=australianaerial

Dominic Bowden will host the next season of The Bachelor on TV3, replacing Mike Puru. Puru hosted for all two of the show’s seasons.

CTV’s going internet-only from Dec 19… Newshub reports

1 Like

As of the 1st of December Duke has a new logo to match the rest of the TVNZ brand.

Doesn’t work as well on tv as the shield eh?

1 Like

CTV’s bowing out on December 16, with a night of ‘archives’ from 6pm, a ‘Celebration’ from 7pm, before repeating the ‘archives’ again at 9pm. All tucked-in and ready for bed at 10pm.
Not sure about geoblocking, but they live stream at ctv.co.nz

1 Like

Apologies for the same post on two threads

The edge TV studio has their Christmas decorations up.

1 Like

It seems as if a commissioned NZ version of Married At First Sight has been held of indefinitely, in favour of another season of The Bachelor. The show was produced by Greenstone TV - the production company behind Highway Cops and Spellbound. ARTICLE

Was that not the best exit for anyone at TV3 ever? Well done Paul Henry team.

2 Likes

Whoever the lady was voicing the afternoon signpost menu on TVNZ 1 was, does not have a voice for voice over work. Do they just hustle anyone these days? Never heard her before but wasnt the greatest.

2 Likes

We’re a long way from the dapper standards of the NZBC

The old breakfast sofa and desk still getting use at TVNZ for the NFL playoffs set

1 Like

^ At least TVNZ’s coverage is better than that of Seven here, which has a straight relay of NFL telecasts without its own studio analysis.

1 Like

I much rather have the straight relay than having local analysis which would probably be subpar compared to the US studio analysis.

My big complaint about that approach is that since their first season covering NFL, Seven never show the pre/post game shows anymore which is disappointing.

1 Like