Neighbours

A character from the early years of the series is being reintroduced this year on a recurring basis.Actor Geoff Paine is reprising his role as Clive Gibbons the character was part of the regular cast in 1986/87.Sure @JBar will remember the character!:joy:

Well since I’ve been watching for 32 years, the answer is yes. I must have been 3 when i started.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@JBar 3 dog years l would think is closer to the truth!:stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway Clive was a funny character back in the day always up to crazy schemes to make money.But being a doctor he could be written back in working at the local hospital l’m guessing.

Does anyone believe that trash?

Now you’ve too far.

Shut up, Boxhead. You know where you can shove that Americanism. :stuck_out_tongue:

oh dear, The Daily Mail quoting New Idea, it’s like a journalism vacuum there…

2 Likes

Yeah. This is what we’ve come to, in the media in 2017. Sadly this seems to be the norm these days. Remember when we had entertainment reporters at newspapers who actually broke stories?

2 Likes

Robert Fidgeon.

1 Like

I remember Clive. He was okay. Haha I have some old Neighbours eps on DVD from around Charlene years and he was in that era. He was an okay character. I can only think he is being introduced because at some point during the 80s he interacted with Paul Robinson. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

BBL commentator Damien Fleming, Melbourne Stars cricketer Meg Lanning and Sydney Thunder captain Shane Watson have cameos in the season opener tomorrow night.

I wonder if many people will watch the 1pm “encore” of Neighbours on the main channel each afternoon.

Maybe we can keep an eye on the ratings?
Do you have the ratings for last year’s season finale on Monday arvo?

1 Like

What day was that?

Yesterday afternoon was the first repeat episode so it should be in yesterday’s daytime ratings. EPG lists it as Neighbours - Encore.

Added to the ratings article - just 52,000.

Thanks for that. I wonder if anyone even knew it was on.

1 Like

52,000 probably not too bad a figure given zero promotion and being January

2 Likes

Slightly higher on Tuesday for the afternoon encore.

Maybe it will take time for people to find it. Being in HD on Ten could be an incentive to watch. If only they would promote it like that.

Should be 4pm…

1 Like