Married at First Sight

###Married at First Sight

Monday 4 April

Returning for 2016. Married at First Sight is a Danish observational documentary series which puts relationships under the microscope.

Time to be advised. I’m guessing original plan would be to start somewhere between 8:40 - 9:00 pm. But now depends if Reno Rumble is still around in the same form by then.

Scheduled now at 7:30 PM on two nights per week on Mondays and Tuesdays from 4 April

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/nine-network-programs-and-schedules/43/117?u=tv.cynic

It could be the first M-rated program to air in the 7.30pm timeslot under the new classification rules. But it has next to no chance against MKR.

MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT RETURNS

PREMIERING MONDAY 4 APRIL AT 7.30PM

Married at First Sight, the radical social experiment where four couples meet for the very first time on their wedding day, is back in a new series and will air Mondays and Tuesdays at 7.30pm premiering Monday, April 4, on Channel Nine.

Four new brides and four new grooms are about to do the unthinkable – and get married at first sight in this jaw-dropping program narrated by Nine’s Georgie Gardner.

Three top relationship experts will control the experiment involving eight Aussie singles who are ready to find the one, using a mix of neuroscience and psychology to try to create four perfect matches. Psychologist and dating expert Mel Schilling joins relationship psychologist John Aiken and neuropsychotherapist Trisha Stratford in the matchmaking team.

John Aiken has interviewed the marriage applicants across the nation and built a detailed personal profile for each one. Dr Trisha Stratford compiled their detailed neurological profiles, and in this series introduces an attractiveness test as well as pheromone testing. And Mel Schilling met the applicants in their own environment to prepare to pair them with the most suitable partners.

Married at First Sight follows this ground-breaking experiment as the couples marry, honeymoon, meet the in-laws and set up home, all the while getting to know one another more and more deeply, to see if the matchmakers got it right.

These four new, extremely brave and hopeful couples will face the most terrifying wedding imaginable – meeting their partner at the altar. Who will make it through the wedding to live as man and wife? And at the end of the experiment every couple must decide whether to call it quits or stay married … at first sight.

MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT :
MONDAY 4 APRIL AT 7.30PM
TUESDAY 5 APRIL AT 7.30PM

So that’s four hours of relationship shows on air now per week with First Dates and Seven Year Switch screening at the same time as this.

And they’re all about such perfectly normal relationships! :neutral_face:

Channel 9 to censor scenes in new series of Married at First Sight due to 7.30pm timeslot
FAMILIES could be inundated with raunchy early evening TV shows if next week’s Married at First Sight is a ratings success in its new 7.30pm timeslot. It is the first time a main commercial network has aired an M-rated show at the earlier time.
The Daily Telegraph

The first episode is on 9Now, considering the first words in the whole thing are F words there will have to be some editing and I can’t see it having the same impact. I couldn’t keep watching, one of the ladies just annoyed the hell out of me, maybe she got better as time went I don’t know if I will bother seeing at a later stage. On their computer of potential singles was at least one guy who was on First Dates.

7mate has aired 7.30 M material, unless they mean channel instead of network.

I watched it on 9now, they should air it as is.

Erin’s marriage won’t last.

The Daily Telegraph just loves to kick someone when they’re down.

Nine’s latest ratings disaster
Married at First Sight stumbles at the altar with 771,000 viewers
The Daily Telegraph

2 Likes

Wow… Jonno is such a douche! The way he just left for a week instead of trying to sort things out really shows that his heart was never in it and he didn’t want to give it a proper go. You can’t blame him if she didn’t feel right however the way he was talking in front of everyone at dinner was so condescending.

It seems like this season is coming towards the end already? The preview makes it look like tonight could be one of the last eps but not sure as didn’t watch any last season.

Absolutely love Xavier by the way hehe.

Shake my head that the show got good rating to get renewed. Thought it’d would die down after the car crash factor. Not that I watched it but I actually got a smart arse tweet from one of the so called experts for lampooning the show on Twitter.

Basically said I needed to get a softer side.Goes to show they don’t know me from a bar of soap but found it funny.

Married at First Sight to be at the forefront of Nine’s 2017 programming.

Its a bit sad that they are looking forward to 2017 when 2016 has virtually just begun. How about they think about the rest of the year before pumping up 2017.

1 Like

In the latest Married at First Sight promo you can see 90.9 SeaFM Gold Coast announcer Bella Frizza.

OK so this is actually another Australian series this year? I’ve only seen snippets that it’s coming back and just assumed it would be an overseas version.

Coming soon promos for the new season have been airing for weeks.This season will feature a same-sex couple heading to New Zealand to get married.

###Series 3

From Monday 29 August and Tuesday 30 August at 8.40pm

Married at First Sight, Australia’s most eagerly awaited, groundbreaking social experiment, returns for its third and most explosive series yet, premiering over two big nights, Monday, August 29, and Tuesday, August 30 at 8.40pm on Channel Nine.

You’re invited to five spectacular weddings as the new series of Married at First Sight promises more drama than ever before, with the wedding of our first same-sex couple, the fairytale of love at first sight coming true for one lucky couple, fireworks when the father of one bride sees his son-in-law for the first time and is not happy – while tensions run high when two grooms go head-to-head at a volatile dinner party.

Three Expert Matchmakers – relationship psychologist John Aiken, neuropsychotherapist Trisha Stratford and dating expert and psychologist Mel Schilling are back – putting relationships to the test to determine if science can predict true love in couples who will be getting married at first sight.

All five couples are matched by our experts on the basis of extensive psychological and neurological testing and profiling, as well as attractiveness and pheromone testing for distinctive human scent.

We follow them and their families as they prepare for the biggest day of their lives – a day that should see them say “I do” to a complete stranger before going on their honeymoon, setting up home together and meeting the in-laws.

But as the harsh reality of the experiment kicks in and our singles are forced to confront their fears and expectations about their ideal partner, they must ask themselves if they are truly willing to put their faith in science. Will they all make it down the aisle?

Well that’s a bit over the top sending them to New Zealand given the weddings on this show are not legal anyway.

Are Nine still planning to begin the ratings year next year with another season of MAFS? If so, they’re going to ‘overkill’ this show very quickly…